Affiliation: Saitama Medical School
- A review of 55 cases of cutaneous lymphoid hyperplasia: reassessment of the histopathologic findings leading to reclassification of 4 lesions as cutaneous marginal zone lymphoma and 19 as pseudolymphomatous folliculitisEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical School, Iruma gun, Japan
Hum Pathol 36:505-11. 2005..Pseudolymphomatous folliculitis was identified by the presence of activated pilosebaceous units with abundant CD1a-and S-100 protein-positive T-cell-activated dendritic cells. Of the cases that were reassessed, 34.5% were PLF...
- Usefulness of D2-40 immunohistochemistry for differentiation between kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angiomaEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical School, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
J Cutan Pathol 33:492-7. 2006..We studied four cases of KHE, nine cases of TA, and 31 cases of other vascular tumors. Antibodies against CD31, CD34, factor VIII-related antigen, and GLUT1 were also applied...
- Lymphomatoid keratosis: an epidermotropic type of cutaneous lymphoid hyperplasia: clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular biological study of 6 casesEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Arch Dermatol 143:53-9. 2007..To provide evidence that lymphomatoid keratosis should be categorized as an epidermotropic subtype of cutaneous lymphoid hyperplasia...
- Extravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia of the palm masquerading as an angiosarcomaEiichi Arai
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical University, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
J Dermatol 35:238-41. 2008..To our knowledge, cutaneous extravascular PEH has not yet been reported in the published work...
- Reassessment of histopathology and dermoscopy findings in 145 Japanese cases of melanocytic nevus of the sole: toward a pathological diagnosis of early-stage malignant melanoma in situLing Jin
Department of Pathology, Saitama Medical University, Saitama International Medical Center, Iruma gun, Saitama, Japan
Pathol Int 60:65-70. 2010..They are (i) irregular distribution of solitary melanocytes at the crista profunda intermedia with or without small nests (up to three melanocytes) on the slope of rete ridges; and (ii) larger melanocytes with a halo around the nucleus...
- Superficial type of multiple Basal cell carcinomas: detailed comparative study of its dermoscopic and histopathological findingsAkiko Hirofuji
Department of Dermatology, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka City, Saitama 350 1298, Japan
J Skin Cancer 2011:385465. 2011..The vertical spoke wheel areas by dermatoscopy revealed a horizontal spoke wheel structure by histopathology...
- Clinicopathologic features of epidermal cysts of the sole: comparison with traditional epidermal cysts and trichilemmal cystsYoshihiko Shimizu
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
J Cutan Pathol 32:280-5. 2005..In this study, we compared the clinicopathologic findings of epidermal cysts of the sole with those of traditional epidermal cysts and trichilemmal cysts...
- Primary cutaneous anaplastic large-cell lymphoma presenting with hemophagocytic syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureYoko Shimizu
Department of Hematology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama 350 1298, Japan
Leuk Res 34:263-6. 2010..C-ALCL is generally a disorder that progresses slowly and has a good prognosis. Manifestation of a giant ulcer and hemophagocytic syndrome, such as in the present case, is rare...
- [Case of corneally displaced malignant conjunctival melanoma]Sho Kabasawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, Japan
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 111:102-6. 2007..We studied the clinicopathologic characteristics in a patient with malignant conjunctival melanoma associated with corneal invasion...
- Immunohistochemical study of chondrolipoma: possible importance of transforming growth factor (TGF)-betas, latent TGF-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1), and bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) for chondrogenesis in lipomaMineo Nakano
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Organized Center of Clinical Medicine, International University of Health and Welfare, Tochigi, Japan
J Dermatol 30:189-95. 2003..These findings suggest that the pattern of expression of TGF-betas, LTBP-1, and BMP may be important in the pathogenesis of chondrolipoma...