Affiliation: Saiseikai Kumamoto Hospital
- Validation of the FIB4 index in a Japanese nonalcoholic fatty liver disease populationYoshio Sumida
Center for Digestive and Liver Diseases, Nara City Hospital, Nara, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 12:2. 2012..We validated the performance of FIB4 index in a Japanese cohort with NAFLD...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in JapanTakeshi Okanoue
Center of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:153-62. 2011..Fortunately, we have been able to obtain very interesting results from our group studies, including single necleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) which will be published in the near future...
- Predictive values of amino acid sequences of the core and NS5A regions in antiviral therapy for hepatitis C: a Japanese multi-center studyTakeshi Okanoue
Hepatology Center, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, 1 2 Kawazonocho, Suita, 564 0013, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:952-63. 2009..Chronic hepatitis C (CHC) genotype 1b patients with high viral load are resistant to peginterferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) combination therapy, especially older and female patients...
- Efficacy of long-term ezetimibe therapy in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseHyohun Park
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, 1 2 Kawazono cho, Suita, Osaka, 564 0013, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:101-7. 2011..This study was designed to assess the efficacy of long-term EZ monotherapy in patients with NAFLD...
- The fatty acid composition of plasma cholesteryl esters and estimated desaturase activities in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and the effect of long-term ezetimibe therapy on these levelsHyohun Park
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 411:1735-40. 2010..The study also assessed the effect of ezetimibe on CE levels...
- Treatment extension may benefit female genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C patients with complete early virological response to peginterferon-alpha-2b and ribavirin combination therapyTakeshi Nishimura
Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science Department of Internal Medicine, Aiseikai Yamashina Hospital, Kyoto Hepatology Center, Saiseikai Suita Hospital Department of Gastroenterology, Matsushita Memorial Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Hepatol Res 42:966-73. 2012..The smaller SVR rate in female patients with cEVR compared to males may be overcome by extending treatment even if the RBV dose is lowered due to anemia...
- Clinicopathological features of liver injury in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and comparative study of histologically proven nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases with or without type 2 diabetes mellitusToshihide Shima
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, Suita, Japan
J Gastroenterol 48:515-25. 2013..Our study aimed to clarify the clinicopathological features of liver injury and the characteristics of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in DM patients...
- Hepatic steatosis in chronic hepatitis C patients infected with genotype 2 is associated with insulin resistance, hepatic fibrosis and affects cumulative positivity of serum hepatitis C virus RNA in peginterferon and ribavirin combination therapyYoshito Itoh
Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Department of Gastroenterology, Matsushita Memorial Hospital Hepatology Center, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, Osaka Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Nara City Hospital, Nara, Japan
Hepatol Res 41:1145-52. 2011....
- Involvement of a periodontal pathogen, Porphyromonas gingivalis on the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMasato Yoneda
Department of Gastroenterology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
BMC Gastroenterol 12:16. 2012..gingivalis), a major causative agent of periodontitis...
- Hepatic senescence marker protein-30 is involved in the progression of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseHyohun Park
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saiseikai Suita Hospital, Kawazonocho 1 2, Suita, Osaka 564 0013, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:426-34. 2010..Our aim was to determine whether hepatic SMP30 levels are associated with the development and progression of NAFLD...
- Management of hepatocellular carcinoma in Japan: consensus-based clinical practice manual proposed by the Japan Society of HepatologyMasatoshi Kudo
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, Japan
Oncology 72:2-15. 2007..In this article, the content of this manual, especially issues on surveillance, diagnosis, staging, and treatment, is summarized...