Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Biochemical identification of the neutral endopeptidase family member responsible for the catabolism of amyloid beta peptide in the brainY Takaki
Laboratory for Proteolytic Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biochem 128:897-902. 2000..Furthermore, kinetic analysis, giving a K(m) value of 2.8 +/- 0.76 microM, indicated that Abeta(1-42) is a relevant substrate for neprilysin...
- Metabolic regulation of brain Abeta by neprilysinN Iwata
Laboratory for Proteolytic Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako shi 351 0198 Japan
Science 292:1550-2. 2001..Our observations suggest that even partial down-regulation of neprilysin activity, which could be caused by aging, can contribute to AD development by promoting Abeta accumulation...
- Neprilysin degrades both amyloid beta peptides 1-40 and 1-42 most rapidly and efficiently among thiorphan- and phosphoramidon-sensitive endopeptidasesK Shirotani
Laboratory for Proteolytic Neuroscience, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:21895-901. 2001..Therefore, manipulating the activity of NEP would be a useful approach in regulating Abeta levels in the brain...
- Molecular cloning and expression of aminopeptidase A isoforms from rat hippocampusH J Lee
Laboratory for Proteolytic Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, 351 0198, Saitama, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1493:273-8. 2000..Rat aminopeptidase A mRNAs were detected in the kidney, liver, heart and brain by Northern blot analysis. When overexpressed in COS-1 cells, APAL shows apparent aminopeptidase A activity, whereas APAS does not...
- Cloning and expression of the gene encoding RNA polymerase alpha subunit from alkaliphilic Bacillus sp. strain C-125K Nakasone
Deep Star Group, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center, Kanagawa, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 168:269-76. 1998..coli cells and purified to near homogeneity...
- Direct interaction of the beta-domain of VHL tumor suppressor protein with the regulatory domain of atypical PKC isotypesH Okuda
Department of Urology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, 783 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263:491-7. 1999..Since aPKC isotypes have been implicated in the regulation of cell growth and apoptosis, these results suggest that aPKC isotypes are potential direct target of the VHL beta-domain...
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein mediates ubiquitination of activated atypical protein kinase CH Okuda
Department of Urology, Kochi Medical School, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:43611-7. 2001..Given the known function of aPKC in the regulation of cell polarity and cell growth, PKClambda may be a target of pVHL in its function as a tumor suppressor...