Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Ohnishi T, Ohba H, Seo K, Im J, Sato Y, Iwayama Y, et al. Spatial expression patterns and biochemical properties distinguish a second myo-inositol monophosphatase IMPA2 from IMPA1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:637-46 pubmed..These data suggest that IMPA2 has a separate function in vivo from that of IMPA1. ..
- Ohnishi T, Miura I, Ohba H, Shimamoto C, Iwayama Y, Wakana S, et al. A spontaneous and novel Pax3 mutant mouse that models Waardenburg syndrome and neural tube defects. Gene. 2017;607:16-22 pubmed publisher..These results highlight Pax3Rwa mice as a beneficial tool for analyzing biological processes involving Pax3, in particular the development and migration of neural crest cells and melanocytes. ..
- Ohnishi T, Watanabe A, Ohba H, Iwayama Y, Maekawa M, Yoshikawa T. Behavioral analyses of transgenic mice harboring bipolar disorder candidate genes, IMPA1 and IMPA2. Neurosci Res. 2010;67:86-94 pubmed publisher....
- Ohnishi T, Yamada K, Watanabe A, Ohba H, Sakaguchi T, Honma Y, et al. Ablation of Mrds1/Ofcc1 induces hyper-?-glutamyl transpeptidasemia without abnormal head development and schizophrenia-relevant behaviors in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29499 pubmed publisher..These results prompt further examination of the gene, including its putative contribution to hyper-?-glutamyl transpeptidasemia and schizophrenia. ..
- Ohnishi T, Tanizawa Y, Watanabe A, Nakamura T, Ohba H, Hirata H, et al. Human myo-inositol monophosphatase 2 rescues the nematode thermotaxis mutant ttx-7 more efficiently than IMPA1: functional and evolutionary considerations of the two mammalian myo-inositol monophosphatase genes. J Neurochem. 2013;124:685-94 pubmed publisher..Given the ability of human IMPA2 to rescue the ttx-7 mutant, and its genetic association with multiple neuropsychiatric disorders, close scrutiny of IMPA2 function and the evolutionary origin of IMPase genes is warranted. ..