Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Decomposing EEG data into space-time-frequency components using Parallel Factor AnalysisFumikazu Miwakeichi
Laboratory for Dynamics of Emergent Intelligence, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Neuroimage 22:1035-45. 2004..We show that the proposed decomposition can be used to search for activity with a given spectral and topographic profile in new recordings, and that the method may be useful for artifact recognition and removal...
- Impulse response function based on multivariate AR model can differentiate focal hemisphere in temporal lobe epilepsyFumikazu Miwakeichi
Laboratory for Dynamics of Emergent Intelligence, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama, Japan
Epilepsy Res 61:73-87. 2004..It opens up the possibility of relating diseases like epilepsy to the properties of inconspicuous background brain dynamics, without the need to record and analyze epileptic seizures or other evidently pathological waveforms...
- High frequency activities in the human orbitofrontal cortex in sleep-wake cycleMasaki Nishida
Department of Psychiatry, Jichi Medical School, 3311 Yakushiji, Minamikawachi Machi, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Neurosci Lett 379:110-5. 2005..Although the role of the orbitofrontal cortex during sleep still remains unclear, high frequency activities give us important suggestions in elucidating the human sleep mechanism...
- Removal of ocular artifacts for high resolution EEG studies: a simulation studyLaura Astolfi
IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:976-9. 2006..The error measures used were the relative error and the correlation coefficient between the clear, original EEG segment and those obtained after the application of the ICA procedure...
- Concurrent EEG/fMRI analysis by multiway Partial Least SquaresEduardo Martínez-Montes
Neurophysics Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 22:1023-34. 2004..As of yet, no single neuroimaging method offers the optimal combination of spatial and temporal resolution; fusing fMRI and EEG meaningfully extends the spatio-temporal resolution and sensitivity of each method...
- Theta oscillation in the human anterior cingulate cortex during all-night sleep: an electrocorticographic studyMasaki Nishida
Department of Sleep Disorders Research, Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Res 50:331-41. 2004..These results are useful in elucidating the human brain mechanism...
- Estimate of causality between independent cortical spatial patterns during movement volition in spinal cord injured patientsLaura Astolfi
IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Brain Topogr 19:107-23. 2007....