Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Neuroimaging for optimization of stem cell therapy in Parkinson's diseaseTakuya Hayashi
Functional Architecture Imaging Unit, RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies, 6 7 3 Minatojima minami machi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Expert Opin Biol Ther 13:1631-8. 2013..Neuroimaging techniques allow us to measure various biological markers repeatedly and quantitatively, which may serve as a powerful tool for optimizing the use of stem cells in preclinical and clinical trials. ..
- Autologous mesenchymal stem cell-derived dopaminergic neurons function in parkinsonian macaquesTakuya Hayashi
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, Center for Molecular Imaging Science, RIKEN, Kobe, Japan
J Clin Invest 123:272-84. 2013..These data suggest that transplantation of differentiated autologous MSCs may represent a safe and effective cell therapy for Parkinson's disease...
- Kinetics of neurodegeneration based on a risk-related biomarker in animal model of glaucomaTakuya Hayashi
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science, Kobe, Hyogo, 650 0047, Japan
Mol Neurodegener 8:4. 2013..Here, we show predictability of a model with risk-based kinetics of neurodegeneration, whereby neurodegeneration proceeds as probabilistic events depending on the risk...
- Dorsolateral prefrontal and orbitofrontal cortex interactions during self-control of cigarette cravingTakuya Hayashi
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:4422-7. 2013..These findings indicate that DLPFC builds up value signals based on knowledge of drug availability, and support a model wherein aberrant circuitry linking dorsolateral prefrontal and orbitofrontal cortices may underlie addiction...
- Quantification of regional cerebral blood flow in rats using an arteriovenous shunt and micro-PETTakayuki Ose
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 39:730-41. 2012..We therefore tested the feasibility of using an arteriovenous (AV) shunt in rats for less invasive blood analysis...
- Establishment of in vivo brain imaging method in conscious miceHiroshi Mizuma
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Japan
J Nucl Med 51:1068-75. 2010..Here, we established an in vivo imaging system for conscious mice to reveal the physiologic regional cerebral glucose metabolic rate (rCMRglu) with (18)F-FDG PET...
- Linkage between the midline cortical serotonergic system and social behavior traits: positron emission tomography studies of common marmosetsChihiro Yokoyama
Functional Probe Research Laboratory, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Cereb Cortex 23:2136-45. 2013..These results suggest that the midline cortical serotonergic system is crucial in social behavior traits and its subregions are functionally segregated in socio-emotional processing. ..
- An acute psychosocial stress enhances the neural response to smoking cuesAlain Dagher
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University St, Montreal QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Brain Res 1293:40-8. 2009..Stress-induced limbic deactivation predicted subsequent neural cue-reactivity. We suggest that stress increases the incentive salience of drug cues...