Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: RIKEN Brain Science Institute
- Takeshima S, Watanuki S, Ishizaki H, Matoba K, Aida Y. Development of a direct blood-based PCR system to detect BLV provirus using CoCoMo primers. Arch Virol. 2016;161:1539-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the method is extremely cost-effective and the risk of a false-positive result due to DNA contamination is very low. ..
- Miyatake H, Sanjoh A, Murakami T, Murakami H, Matsuda G, Hagiwara K, et al. Molecular Mechanism of HIV-1 Vpr for Binding to Importin-?. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:2744-57 pubmed publisher..These results, which represent the first reported crystallographic analysis of Vpr, demonstrate the multifunctional aspects that enable Vpr interaction with a variety of cellular proteins. ..
- Sato H, Watanuki S, Murakami H, Sato R, Ishizaki H, Aida Y. Development of a luminescence syncytium induction assay (LuSIA) for easily detecting and quantitatively measuring bovine leukemia virus infection. Arch Virol. 2018;163:1519-1530 pubmed publisher..The fluorescing syncytia was easily detected by eye and automated scanning and LuSIA counts correlated strongly with the proviral load of infected cattle (R2 = 0.8942). ..
- Polat M, Moe H, Shimogiri T, Moe K, Takeshima S, Aida Y. The molecular epidemiological study of bovine leukemia virus infection in Myanmar cattle. Arch Virol. 2017;162:425-437 pubmed publisher..This study provides information regarding BLV infection levels in Myanmar and confirms that genotype-10 is circulating in Myanmar. ..
- Chutiwitoonchai N, Aida Y. NXT1, a Novel Influenza A NP Binding Protein, Promotes the Nuclear Export of NP via a CRM1-Dependent Pathway. Viruses. 2016;8: pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a distinct mechanism for nuclear export of the influenza virus and identify the NXT1/NP interaction as a potential target for antiviral drug development. ..
- Polat M, Takeshima S, Aida Y. Epidemiology and genetic diversity of bovine leukemia virus. Virol J. 2017;14:209 pubmed publisher..Finally, we summarize the various BLV genotypes identified by the phylogenetic analyses of the whole genome and env gp51 sequences of BLV strains in different countries and discuss the distribution of BLV genotypes worldwide. ..
- Kakisaka M, Yamada K, Yamaji Hasegawa A, Kobayashi T, Aida Y. Intrinsically disordered region of influenza A NP regulates viral genome packaging via interactions with viral RNA and host PI(4,5)P2. Virology. 2016;496:116-126 pubmed publisher..Secondly, vRNP assemble by interacting with PI(4,5)P2 at the PM via IDR2. These findings suggest that PI(4,5)P2 functions as the determinant of vRNP accumulation at the PM. ..
- Kamata M, Nitahara Kasahara Y, Miyamoto Y, Yoneda Y, Aida Y. Importin-alpha promotes passage through the nuclear pore complex of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr. J Virol. 2005;79:3557-64 pubmed..These observations indicate that importin-alpha functions as a mediator for the nuclear entry of Vpr. ..
- Kakisaka M, Mano T, Aida Y. A high-throughput screening system targeting the nuclear export pathway via the third nuclear export signal of influenza A virus nucleoprotein. Virus Res. 2016;217:23-31 pubmed publisher..The present HTS system provides a useful strategy for the identification of inhibitors targeting the nuclear export of NP via its NES3 sequence. ..
- Aida Y, Matsuda G. Role of Vpr in HIV-1 nuclear import: therapeutic implications. Curr HIV Res. 2009;7:136-43 pubmed