Affiliation: Research Institute of Tuberculosis
- Effectiveness of a training course on the quality assurance of chest radiography in the PhilippinesA Ohkado
Research Institute of Tuberculosis Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association Philippines, Manila, The Philippines
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 16:379-83. 2012..Socio-economically underprivileged areas in urban settings in the Philippines...
- The management for tuberculosis control in Greater London in comparison with that in Osaka City: lessons for improvement of TB control management in Osaka City urban settingAkihiro Ohkado
Department of International Cooperation, The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Matsuyama 3 1 24, Kiyose, Tokyo 2048533, Japan
Health Policy 73:104-23. 2005....
- Evaluation of an international training course to build programmatic capacity for tuberculosis controlA Ohkado
Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Kiyose, Japan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14:371-3. 2010..The main reasons for the failure to implement ORPs were due to lack of time, funds, and disapproval by supervisors. A sequential training model may better address barriers to teaching and assisting ORPs...
- Transmission of specific genotype streptomycin resistant strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the Tokyo Metropolitan Area in JapanAkihiro Ohkado
Department of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Matsuyama 3 1 24, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 9:138. 2009..tuberculosis in the TMA as observed in the above incident, and to identify the possible transmission routes of the strains among people living in urban settings in Japan...
- [Storage and transport of isolated M. tuberculosis at public and private health institutions in Japan]Akihiro Ohkado
Department of Research, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, JATA, 3 1 24, Matsuyama, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8533, Japan
Kekkaku 83:591-8. 2008..To obtain basic data about the present practices on storage and transport of isolated M. tuberculosis at public and private health institutions in Japan...
- Molecular epidemiology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in an urban area in Japan, 2002-2006A Ohkado
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Kiyose, Japan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 12:548-54. 2008..Shinjuku City, Tokyo, Japan...
- Tuberculosis drug resistance and treatment outcomes under DOTS settings in large cities in the PhilippinesA Ohkado
The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:283-9. 2006..Two large cities in the Philippines...
- [Implementation and evaluation by a population-based RFLP analysis in an urban area, Shinjuku city, Tokyo--the possibility of application for contact investigations]Michiko Nagamine
Shinjuku Public Health Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 83:379-86. 2008..The objectives were to examine Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission patterns by RFLP analysis in Shinjuku city, and to elucidate more effective methods of contact investigations...
- Clonal expansion of multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis, JapanYoshiro Murase
Molecular Epidemiology Division, The Research Institute of Tuberculosis Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Matsuyama, Tokyo, Japan
Emerg Infect Dis 16:948-54. 2010..These findings highlight the difficulty of preventing community transmission of XDR TB by conventional TB control programs and indicate an urgent need for a more appropriate strategy to contain highly developed drug-resistant TB...
- [Medical service systems for tuberculosis in low-incidence countries]Seiya Kato
Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Kekkaku 87:577-84. 2012..This study aims to provide suggestions for restructuring the medical service system in Japan by analyzing the systems in selected countries with low incidence...