Affiliation: R and D Center
- Specific interaction of a 25-kilodalton cellular protein, a 40S ribosomal subunit protein, with the internal ribosome entry site of hepatitis C virus genomeS Fukushi
Basic Research Division, BioMedical Laboratories, Inc, Saitama, Japan
Virus Genes 19:153-61. 1999..These results reveal an unique interaction between the 40S ribosomal subunit and HCV IRES to contribute to translation initiation of the HCV genome...
- Interaction of poly(rC)-binding protein 2 with the 5'-terminal stem loop of the hepatitis C-virus genomeS Fukushi
R and D Center, BioMedical Laboratories, 1361 1, Matoba, Kawagoe shi, 350 1101, Saitama, Japan
Virus Res 73:67-79. 2001..In conclusion, PCBP2 specifically interacted with the 5' terminus of HCV genome but had no effect on HCV translation. We speculate that PCBP2's interaction with HCV 5' NCR may be involved in the replication-initiation complex of HCV...
- Ribosomal protein S5 interacts with the internal ribosomal entry site of hepatitis C virusS Fukushi
Research and Development Center, BioMedical Laboratories, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:20824-6. 2001..Thus, our results support rpS5 as the critical element in positioning the HCV RNA on the 40 S ribosomal subunit during translation initiation...
- Multicyclic reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction assay system for quantification of GB virus-C/hepatitis G virus RNA in serumT Saito
Basic Research Division, BioMedical Laboratories, Saitama, Japan
J Virol Methods 74:185-91. 1998..The MRT-PCR method for quantitation of GBV-C/HGV RNA in serum may prove useful for diagnosis...
- Molecular characterization of hepatitis C virus genotype 2a from the entire sequences of four isolatesC Kurihara
Second Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Med Virol 64:466-75. 2001..5-55.0% when compared with that of HCV-J, which belongs to genotype 1b. These findings for the entire sequences of genotype 2a isolates will contribute to virological studies of HCV...