Affiliation: Osaka Prefecture University
- Golbar H, Izawa T, Wijesundera K, Bondoc A, Tennakoon A, Kuwamura M, et al. Depletion of Hepatic Macrophages Aggravates Liver Lesions Induced in Rats by Thioacetamide (TAA). Toxicol Pathol. 2016;44:246-58 pubmed publisher..It was clearly demonstrated that hepatic macrophages have important roles in tissue damage and remodeling in hepatotoxicity. ..
- Kuramochi M, Izawa T, Pervin M, Bondoc A, Kuwamura M, Yamate J. The kinetics of damage-associated molecular patterns (DAMPs) and toll-like receptors during thioacetamide-induced acute liver injury in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2016;68:471-7 pubmed publisher..Our data would contribute to the elucidation of the mechanism of DILI. ..
- Karim M, Izawa T, Pervin M, Sasai H, Kuwamura M, Yamate J. Cutaneous Histiocytic Sarcoma with Regional Lymph Node Metastasis in a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus). J Comp Pathol. 2017;156:169-172 pubmed publisher..To the authors' knowledge cutaneous histiocytic disease has not been reported previously in lagomorphs. ..
- Golbar H, Izawa T, Bondoc A, Wijesundera K, Tennakoon A, Kuwamura M, et al. Attenuation of alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate (ANIT)-induced biliary fibrosis by depletion of hepatic macrophages in rats. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2017;69:221-230 pubmed publisher..The present results indicated clearly importance of macrophage functions in the pathogenesis of biliary fibrosis. ..
- Bondoc A, Katou Ichikawa C, Golbar H, Tanaka M, Izawa T, Kuwamura M, et al. Establishment and characterization of a transplantable tumor line (RMM) and cell line (RMM-C) from a malignant amelanotic melanoma in the F344 rat, with particular reference to galectin-3 expression in vivo and in vitro. Histol Histopathol. 2016;31:1195-207 pubmed publisher..These tools are the first tumor lines of amelanotic melanomas in the rat. ..
- Bondoc A, Golbar H, Pervin M, Katou Ichikawa C, Tanaka M, Izawa T, et al. Participation of Tumor-Associated Myeloid Cells in Progression of Amelanotic Melanoma (RMM Tumor Line) in F344 Rats, with Particular Reference to MHC Class II- and CD163-Expressing Cells. Cancer Microenviron. 2017;10:9-24 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel information on tumor-associated myeloid cells in amelanotic melanoma, and may become useful in further research on melanoma immunity. ..
- Kuramochi M, Izawa T, Pervin M, Bondoc A, Kuwamura M, LaMarre J, et al. Attenuation of thioacetamide-induced hepatocellular injury by short-term repeated injections associated with down-regulation of metabolic enzymes and relationship with MHC class II-presenting cells. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2017;69:589-597 pubmed publisher
- Tennakoon A, Izawa T, Kuwamura M, Yamate J. Pathogenesis of Type 2 Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) in Renal and Hepatic Fibrosis. J Clin Med. 2015;5: pubmed publisher..Possible pathogenesis of type 2 EMT and its differences between renal and hepatic fibrosis are reviewed based on our experimental data. ..
- Yamate J, Sakamori M, Kuwamura M, Kotani T. Neoplastic and non-neoplastic cell lines from a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour of the cervix of a rat. J Comp Pathol. 2007;137:9-21 pubmed publisher..LY-PPB6 and LY-H12 may prove useful for studies on the pathobiological nature of neoplastic cells and interactions between neoplastic and stromal cells in PNSTs. ..
- Yano R, Golbar H, Izawa T, Sawamoto O, Kuwamura M, Yamate J. Participation of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-6 and osteopontin in cisplatin (CDDP)-induced rat renal fibrosis. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2015;67:99-107 pubmed publisher..Collectively, it was found that BMP-6 and OPN considerably participate in progressive renal fibrosis through development of myofibroblasts, in relation with TGF-Î²1. ..
- Wijesundera K, Izawa T, Tennakoon A, Golbar H, Tanaka M, Kuwamura M, et al. M1-/M2-macrophage polarization in pseudolobules consisting of adipohilin-rich hepatocytes in thioacetamide (TAA)-induced rat hepatic cirrhosis. Exp Mol Pathol. 2016;101:133-42 pubmed publisher..MHC class II cells may be responsible for steatosis at early stages, suggesting different functions from the above M1-/M2-macropahges. ..