Affiliation: Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
- Childhood absence epilepsy with clinically apparent genetic and acquired burdens: a diagnostic considerationHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Central Hospital, Matsuyama City, Japan
J Child Neurol 23:102-5. 2008..This case raises the question about diagnostic consideration of childhood absence epilepsy in association with cerebral pathology for genetically predisposed individuals...
- Childhood multifocal acquired demyelinating sensory and motor neuropathyHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Central Hospital, Kasuga cho 83, Matsuyama shi, Ehime Prefecture 798 0024, Japan
Muscle Nerve 37:790-5. 2008..These cases suggest that there may be a long-term sustained beneficial effect of intravenous immunoglobulin therapy for children with this neuropathy...
- Atypical childhood absence epilepsy with preceding or simultaneous generalized tonic clonic seizuresHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Rehabilitation Center for Children, Ehime, Japan
Brain Dev 33:589-92. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the clinical features between children with typical CAE and those with atypical CAE with preceding or simultaneous episodes of GTCS (atypical CAE-GTCS)...
- Idiopathic childhood occipital epilepsy of Gastaut: report of 12 patientsHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Rehabilitation Center for Children, Toon shi, Ehime Prefecture 791 0212, Japan
Pediatr Neurol 44:183-6. 2011....
- Reversible coma associated with prolonged high-dose phenobarbital therapy in bilateral Sturge-Weber syndromeHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Central Hospital, Matsuyama City, Ehime Prefecture, Japan
J Child Neurol 24:1547-51. 2009..The underlying baseline metabolic and perfusion deficit related to the disease can precipitate the neurological complication during long-term high-dose phenobarbital therapy...
- An immunologic case study of acute encephalitis with refractory, repetitive partial seizuresHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefectural Central Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Brain Dev 34:763-7. 2012..NK cell dysfunction may be the underlying abnormality in this AERRPS case, which might have contributed to the production of GluR autoantibodies...
- Elevated pitch perception owing to carbamazepine-activating effect on the peripheral auditory system: auditory brainstem response studyHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Niihama Hospital, Niihama City, Japan
J Child Neurol 19:453-5. 2004....
- Positron emission tomography with glucose hypermetabolism of a hypothalamic hamartoma in infantile spasms associated with Pallister-Hall syndromeHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Central Hospital, 83 Kasuga cho, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 0024, Japan
Brain Dev 32:677-80. 2010..The present case suggests that HHs may be involved in the pathogenesis of infantile spasms, possibly with propagation of epileptic discharges from the hamartoma to the descending spinal pathway...
- Clinical investigation of genetic contributions to childhood-onset epilepsies and epileptic syndromesHiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Niihama Hospital, 3 1 1 Hongo, Niihama City, Ehime 792 0042, Japan
Brain Dev 26:184-9. 2004..Furthermore, a genetic predisposition seems to have an influence through consanguinity on the etiologies of both idiopathic/cryptogenic and symptomatic generalized epilepsies...
- [Long-term follow-up of a case of eyelid myoclonia with absences]Hiroyuki Wakamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Ehime Prefecture Niihama Hospital, Niihama, Ehime
No To Hattatsu 36:379-84. 2004..Along with poor drug compliance due to her living apart from her parents, it was difficult to completely suppress non-convulsive status epilepticus, posing serious concern in her adult life...
- Benign angiopathy of the central nervous system associated with phenytoin intoxicationHiroyuki Wakamoto
Division of Pediatric Nurology, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, 3901 Beaubien Street, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Brain Dev 28:336-8. 2006..The present case suggests that phenytoin intoxication can cause cerebral vasospasm, which may be associated with some inflammatory endothelial injury accompanied by activated intravascular coagulation...
- Alpha-methyl-l-tryptophan positron emission tomography in epilepsy with cortical developmental malformationsHiroyuki Wakamoto
Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Pediatr Neurol 39:181-8. 2008..When an alpha-[(11)C]methyl-l-tryptophan focus is detected, it likely represents the epileptogenic region to be resected...