Affiliation: Osaka University
- Effects of crystalloid and colloid preload on blood volume in the parturient undergoing spinal anesthesia for elective Cesarean sectionH Ueyama
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Anesthesiology 91:1571-6. 1999..The aim of the current study was to clarify the effects of volume preload with either crystalloid or colloid solution on the changes in blood volume of parturients undergoing spinal anesthesia for cesarean section...
- Pregnancy does not enhance volatile anesthetic sensitivity on the brain: an electroencephalographic analysis studyHiroshi Ueyama
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, and Surgical Center, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Anesthesiology 113:577-84. 2010..The aim of this electroencephalographic study was to investigate the differences in the hypnotic effect of sevoflurane on parturients and nonpregnant patients...
- Electroencephalographic bicoherence is sensitive to noxious stimuli during isoflurane or sevoflurane anesthesiaSatoshi Hagihira
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Anesthesiology 100:818-25. 2004..Here, they examined the influence of noxious stimuli on electroencephalographic bicoherence as well as on the Bispectral Index (BIS) and the 95% spectral edge frequency (SEF95)...
- Measurement of blood volume using indocyanine green measured with pulse-spectrophotometry: its reproducibility and reliabilityY L He
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita City, Japan
Crit Care Med 26:1446-51. 1998..To systematically investigate the reproducibility and reliability of a newly developed, less invasive approach of estimating blood volume (BV), using indocyanine green (ICG) measured with pulse-spectrophotometry...
- Aeration time following ethylene oxide sterilization for reusable rigid sterilization containers: concentration of gaseous ethylene oxide in containersS Nakata
Surgical Center, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Biomed Instrum Technol 34:121-4. 2000..After standard EO sterilization, the EO concentrations remaining in the air in the rigid containers were measured. The results indicate that a period of 17 hours of aeration is appropriate when a rigid sterilizing container is used...
- Determination of the standard value of circulating blood volume during anesthesia using pulse dye-densitometry: a multicenter study in JapanTakehiko Iijima
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, 181 8611, Japan
J Anesth 19:193-8. 2005..The standard value for circulating blood volume (BV) during anesthesia was determined by a multicenter study in Japan. The significance of BV on the reduction of blood pressure after the induction of anesthesia was also examined...
- Circulating mature adrenomedullin is related to blood volume in full-term pregnancyYukio Hayashi
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka University Faculty of Medicine D 7, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:1816-20. 2005..46; P = 0.0009). These findings demonstrate that plasma-mature adrenomedullin concentration increased and that increased plasma-mature adrenomedullin is associated with increased blood volume during pregnancy...
- Incidence of embolic events during acetabular prosthesis insertion in total hip arthroplasty, and effect of intramedullary decompression in preventing embolism: higher risk of embolism with one-piece type prosthesisMasaki Takashina
Surgical Center, Osaka University Hospital, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita, 565 0871, Japan
J Anesth 21:459-66. 2007..The second goal was to evaluate the effects of intramedullary decompression of the acetabulum in suppressing bone marrow embolism...
- Pulmonary disposition of propofol in surgical patientsY L He
Department of Anesthesiology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya City, Japan
Anesthesiology 93:986-91. 2000..The objective of the present study was to clarify the pulmonary disposition of propofol directly in human lungs by investigating both the first-pass uptake and pulmonary extraction at pseudo-steady state...