Affiliation: Osaka University
- Frequent expression of smooth muscle markers in malignant fibrous histiocytoma of boneT Ueda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Clin Pathol 55:853-8. 2002....
- In vivo inhibition of tumour growth by dexamethasone in murine osteosarcomasI Kudawara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka National Hospital, 2 1 14, Hoenzaka, Chuo Ku, 540 0006, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Cancer 37:1703-8. 2001..The results of this study indicate that tumour growth inhibition by DEX in murine osteosarcoma may be via GR...
- Ameloblastomatous calcifying odontogenic cyst in the mandibleS Iida
The First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka Suita Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 33:409-12. 2004..This feature was different from the general findings of COC and rather resembled that of ameloblastomas...
- One- and two-dimensional 15N exchange CP/MAS NMR studies of the structure and electronic properties of the intermolecular N-H...N hydrogen bond in imidazole crystalT Ueda
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Japan
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 20:145-55. 2001....
- Telemedical support using real-time ultrasonography and endoscopy imagesT Ueda
Department of Acute Critical Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, 2 15 Yamada Oka, Suita City, Osaka Prefecture, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 66:55-61. 2001..The system proved to be a very useful medical resource, since it facilitated high quality medical care and specialist consultation at any location without those specialists traveling to the scene...
- Differentiation between neurofibromas and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors in neurofibromatosis 1 evaluated by MRIAkihiko Matsumine
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, 514 8507, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:891-900. 2009..The purpose of this study is to define the criteria for the differential diagnosis between NF and MPNST on MRI in neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1)...
- Malignant hemangiopericytoma of the breastI Kudawara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:319-21. 2001..The tumor showed low--intermediate density and peripheral contrast enhancement on CT, and inhomogeneous mixed-signal intensity both on T1W and T2W images, and peripheral enhancement with Gd-DTPA on MRI with no invasion of the duct...
- Retinal fascin: functional nature, subcellular distribution, and chromosomal localizationY Saishin
Department of Anatomy II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:2087-95. 2000..To investigate the functional properties, subcellular localization, and chromosomal location of retinal fascin...
- Extraskeletal mesenchymal chondrosarcoma: an imaging review of ten new patientsN Hashimoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease, 1 3 3 Nakamichi, Higashinari ku, Osaka, 567 8511, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 34:785-92. 2005..Because of its rarity, few imaging studies have been reported to date. The purpose of this study was to elucidate the imaging features of this tumor...
- Effects of long-term ursodeoxycholate administration on expression levels of secretory low-molecular-weight phospholipases A2 and mucin genes in gallbladders and biliary composition in patients with multiple cholesterol stonesM Kano
Department of Gastroenterology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, The University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Hepatology 28:302-13. 1998..Effects of UDC on secretory low-molecular-weight PLA2s as inflammatory mediators may relate to the reported efficacy of UDC treatment in cholesterol gallstone disease...
- Treatment and prognosis of patients with paraplegia or quadriplegia because of metastatic spinal cord compression in prostate cancerM Nagata
Department of Urology, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 6:169-73. 2003..This should encourage an aggressive treatment approach. However, for patients with hormone-independent disease there seems to be no effective treatment and prognosis is poor...
- Characteristics of t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with additional chromosomal abnormality: concomitant trisomy 4 may constitute a distinctive subtype of t(8;21) AMLK Nishii
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Leukemia 17:731-7. 2003..4 years. These observations suggest that additional karyotypic aberration, t(8;21) with trisomy 4 is rare, but it may constitute a distinctive subtype of t(8;21) AML...
- Chromosome rearrangement at 17q25 and xp11.2 in alveolar soft-part sarcoma: A case report and review of the literatureS Joyama
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Cancer 86:1246-50. 1999..Despite the characteristic histopathologic appearance of alveolar soft-part sarcoma (ASPS), its histogenesis remains unclear, and cytogenetic analysis of ASPS is limited to eight cases so far because of the extreme rarity of this disease...
- Overexpression of sialyl Lewis x antigen is associated with formation of extratumoral venous invasion and predicts postoperative development of massive hepatic metastasis in cases with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaS Takahashi
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Chiba, Japan
Pathobiology 69:127-35. 2001..Further studies with more cases are warranted to confirm these results...
- The der(17)t(X;17)(p11;q25) of human alveolar soft part sarcoma fuses the TFE3 transcription factor gene to ASPL, a novel gene at 17q25M Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 20:48-57. 2001..Oncogene (2001) 20, 48 - 57...
- Thermostability of doubly glycosylated recombinant lysozymeY Hashimoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 24:1102-7. 2001..We concluded that stabilized proteins can be constructed by glycosylation at proper sites. Thermodynamic stabilization by the artificial double glycosylations on a protein has not yet been reported...
- Cloning and functional expression of ASIC-beta2, a splice variant of ASIC-betaS Ugawa
Department of Anatomy II, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Neuroreport 12:2865-9. 2001..When expressed in Xenopus oocytes, ASIC-beta2 was inactive by itself. However, it associated with ASIC-beta to form heteromers, which display lower affinity for protons than ASIC-beta alone...
- IPF, a vesicular uptake inhibitory protein factor, can reduce the Ca(2+)-dependent, evoked release of glutamate, GABA and serotoninY Tamura
Mental Health Research Institute, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 76:1153-64. 2001..These results raise the possibility that IPF may modulate synaptic transmission by acting as a quantal size regulator of one or more neurotransmitters...
- Identification of coding single-nucleotide polymorphisms in human taste receptor genes involving bitter tastingT Ueda
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:147-51. 2001..The identification of nucleotide diversity and amino acid polymorphisms in human T2R receptors could help clarify individual differences in the acceptability and sensitivity to bitter compounds...
- Postradiation sarcomas of the pelvis after treatment for uterine cervical cancer: review of the CT and MR findings of five casesK Nakanishi
Department of Radiology, Osaka Seamen's Insurance Hospital, 1-8-30, Chikko, Minato-ku, Osaka 552-0021, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 30:132-7. 2001....
- Expression of MUC1 mucins in the subserosal layer correlates with postsurgical prognosis of pathological tumor stage 2 carcinoma of the gallbladderT Kawamoto
Departments of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8575, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:1333-42. 2001..This phenotype may serve as a unique biological feature associated with the malignant behavior of pT(2) gallbladder carcinoma...
- cDNA cloning of nuclear localization signal binding protein NBP60, a rat homologue of lamin B receptor, and identification of binding sites of human lamin B receptor for nuclear localization signals and chromatinS Kawahire
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, Igarashi
J Biochem 121:881-9. 1997..Furthermore, it was shown that the stretch comprising amino acids 1 to 53, which does not contain the RS region or the predicted DNA-binding site, binds to Xenopus laevis sperm chromatin...