Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Tatara A, Shimizu S, Masui A, Tamura M, Minamimoto S, Mizuguchi Y, et al. Atypical antipsychotic properties of AD-6048, a primary metabolite of blonanserin. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2015;138:14-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that AD-6048 acts as an atypical antipsychotic, which seems to at least partly contribute to the atypicality of blonanserin. ..
- Shimizu S, Mizuguchi Y, Sobue A, Fujiwara M, Morimoto T, Ohno Y. Interaction between anti-Alzheimer and antipsychotic drugs in modulating extrapyramidal motor disorders in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2015;127:439-45 pubmed publisher..In addition, second generation antipsychotics, which can stimulate 5-HT1A receptors or antagonize 5-HT2 and 5-HT6 receptors, seem to be favorable as an adjunctive therapy for BPSD. ..
- Kunisawa N, Iha H, Shimizu S, Tokudome K, Mukai T, Kinboshi M, et al. Nicotine evokes kinetic tremor by activating the inferior olive via Î±7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Behav Brain Res. 2016;314:173-80 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that nicotine elicits kinetic tremor in rodents by activating the IO neurons via Î±7 nACh receptors. ..
- Ohno Y, Shimizu S, Imaki J. Effects of tandospirone, a 5-HT1A agonistic anxiolytic agent, on haloperidol-induced catalepsy and forebrain Fos expression in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;109:593-9 pubmed
- Shimizu S, Mizuguchi Y, Ohno Y. Improving the treatment of schizophrenia: role of 5-HT receptors in modulating cognitive and extrapyramidal motor functions. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2013;12:861-9 pubmed
- Ohno Y, Okumura T, Terada R, Ishihara S, Serikawa T, Sasa M. Kindling-associated SV2A expression in hilar GABAergic interneurons of the mouse dentate gyrus. Neurosci Lett. 2012;510:93-8 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that SV2A specifically regulates hilar GABAergic neurotransmission in the kindled hippocampus probably as a compensatory or prophylactic mechanism against kindling epileptogenesis. ..
- Ohno Y, Imaki J, Mae Y, Takahashi T, Tatara A. Serotonergic modulation of extrapyramidal motor disorders in mice and rats: role of striatal 5-HT3 and 5-HT6 receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2011;60:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that serotonergic stimulation augments extrapyramidal motor disorders by activating the striatal 5-HT(3) and 5-HT(6) receptors and the antagonism of these receptors effectively alleviates antipsychotic-induced EPS. ..
- Ohno Y, Okano M, Masui A, Imaki J, Egawa M, Yoshihara C, et al. Region-specific elevation of D? receptor-mediated neurotransmission in the nucleus accumbens of SHR, a rat model of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Neuropharmacology. 2012;63:547-54 pubmed publisher..The present study suggests that D? receptor-mediated neurotransmission in the AcC is region-specifically elevated in SHR, which could be responsible for behavioral hyperactivity. ..
- Kunisawa N, Iha H, Nomura Y, Onishi M, Matsubara N, Shimizu S, et al. Serotonergic modulation of nicotine-induced kinetic tremor in mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;134:131-138 pubmed publisher..In addition, 5-HT2 receptors have an inhibitory modulatory role in induction of nicotine tremor. ..
- Ohno Y, Ishihara S, Terada R, Serikawa T, Sasa M. Antiepileptogenic and anticonvulsive actions of levetiracetam in a pentylenetetrazole kindling model. Epilepsy Res. 2010;89:360-4 pubmed publisher..The present study shows that LEV contrasts VPA by preventing the development of PTZ kindling and inhibiting seizures selectively in kindled animals...