Affiliation: Osaka University
- Age and sex analyses of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Osaka, JapanTaku Iwami
Department of General Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Osaka 565 0871, Suita, Japan
Resuscitation 57:145-52. 2003..To determine effective interventional targets for out-of-hospital cardiac arrests by analyzing the distribution characteristics of arrest patients according to age and sex with special emphasis on ventricular fibrillation (VF)...
- Outcome and characteristics of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest according to location of arrest: A report from a large-scale, population-based study in Osaka, JapanTaku Iwami
Department of General Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Resuscitation 69:221-8. 2006..To evaluate the outcome and the factors concerned with of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients according to the location of the collapse...
- Impact of early intravenous epinephrine administration on outcomes following out-of-hospital cardiac arrestYasuyuki Hayashi
Senri Critical Care Medical Center, Osaka Saiseikai Senri Hospital, Suita, Japan
Circ J 76:1639-45. 2012..The effectiveness of epinephrine administration for cardiac arrests has been shown in animal models, but the clinical effect is still controversial...
- Effectiveness of bystander-initiated cardiac-only resuscitation for patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrestTaku Iwami
Division of Cardiology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Circulation 116:2900-7. 2007....
- Subsequent ventricular fibrillation and survival in out-of-hospital cardiac arrests presenting with PEA or asystoleKentaro Kajino
Department of Traumatology and Acute Critical Medicine, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Resuscitation 79:34-40. 2008..The prognostic implications of conversion to ventricular fibrillation (VF) in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) patients with an initial non-shockable rhythm are unclear...
- Incidence and outcomes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with shock-resistant ventricular fibrillation: Data from a large population-based cohortTomohiko Sakai
Department of Traumatology and Acute Critical Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 15 Yamada Oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Resuscitation 81:956-61. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the temporal trends of OHCA incidence and outcomes with shock-resistant ventricular fibrillation (VF) requiring advanced life support procedures...
- Three year longitudinal study for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Osaka PrefectureYasuyuki Hayashi
Osaka Prefectural Senri Critical Care Medical Center 1 1 D5, Tsukumodai, Suita, Osaka 565 0862, Japan
Resuscitation 63:161-6. 2004..To analyze the longitudinal changes in the treatment of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests. These analyses have focused on the time interval from the receipt of call until defibrillation of patients with ventricular fibrillation...
- Effectiveness of the new 'Mobile AED Map' to find and retrieve an AED: A randomised controlled trialTomohiko Sakai
Department of Traumatology and Acute Critical Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 15 Yamada Oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Resuscitation 82:69-73. 2011..The simulation trial in the present study aims to compare the time and travel distance required to access an AED and retrieve it with and without the Mobile AED Map...
- [Present condition of out-of-hospital emergency medical services in Japan]Taku Iwami
Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 95:2408-13. 2006
- Incidence and survival rate of bystander-witnessed out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with cardiac etiology in Osaka, Japan: a population-based study according to the Utstein styleTatsuya Nishiuchi
Osaka Prefectural Senshu Critical Care Medical Center, 2 24 Rinku Orai Kita, Izumisano City, Osaka 598 0048, Japan
Resuscitation 59:329-35. 2003..To clarify the incidence and survival rate of bystander-witnessed out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCA) with cardiac etiology in Osaka Prefecture, Japan, with a population of nearly 9 million according to the Utstein style...