Affiliation: Osaka University
- Young S, Miyata H, Satouh Y, Muto M, Larsen M, Aitken R, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-mediated mutation revealed cytoplasmic tail is dispensable for IZUMO1 function and male fertility. Reproduction. 2016;152:665-672 pubmed
- Tobita T, Kiyozumi D, Ikawa M. Placenta-specific gene manipulation using lentiviral vector and its application. Placenta. 2017;59 Suppl 1:S37-S43 pubmed publisher..A perspective for future application of LV vectors to further placenta research, especially in combination with next generation genome editing technologies, is also presented. ..
- Ikawa M, Tokuhiro K, Yamaguchi R, Benham A, Tamura T, Wada I, et al. Calsperin is a testis-specific chaperone required for sperm fertility. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5639-46 pubmed publisher..The identification and understanding of the maturation mechanisms of key sperm proteins will pave the way toward novel approaches for both contraception and treatment of unexplained male infertility...
- Young S, Miyata H, Satouh Y, Kato H, Nozawa K, Isotani A, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Rapid Generation of Multiple Mouse Lines Identified Ccdc63 as Essential for Spermiogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:24732-50 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the versatility of the CRISPR/Cas9 system to generate animal models of a highly complex system by introducing point mutations and simple knockouts in a fast and efficient manner. ..
- Muto M, Fujihara Y, Tobita T, Kiyozumi D, Ikawa M. Lentiviral Vector-Mediated Complementation Restored Fetal Viability but Not Placental Hyperplasia in Plac1-Deficient Mice. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:6 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Plac1 is involved in trophoblast cell proliferation, differentiation, and migration. Its proper expression is required for normal placentation and fetal development. ..
- Young S, Miyata H, Satouh Y, Aitken R, Baker M, Ikawa M. CABYR is essential for fibrous sheath integrity and progressive motility in mouse spermatozoa. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:4379-4387 pubmed..Our results show that it is the role of CABYR in the formation of the fibrous sheath that is essential for male fertility. ..
- Noda T, Oji A, Ikawa M. Genome Editing in Mouse Zygotes and Embryonic Stem Cells by Introducing SgRNA/Cas9 Expressing Plasmids. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1630:67-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, we recently established the system for genome editing in embryonic stem (ES) cells and its application for chimeric analysis in mice. In this section, we introduce the procedure for genome editing in mouse zygotes and ES cells. ..
- Fujihara Y, Oji A, Larasati T, Kojima Kita K, Ikawa M. Human Globozoospermia-Related Gene Spata16 Is Required for Sperm Formation Revealed by CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Mouse Models. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that Spata16 is indispensable for male fertility in mice, as well as in humans, as revealed by CRISPR/Cas9-mediated mouse models. ..
- Satouh Y, Nozawa K, Ikawa M. Sperm postacrosomal WW domain-binding protein is not required for mouse egg activation. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PAWP does not play an essential role in mouse fertilization. ..