Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Osaka University
- Nakazawa T, Kikuchi M, Ishikawa M, Yamamori H, Nagayasu K, Matsumoto T, et al. Differential gene expression profiles in neurons generated from lymphoblastoid B-cell line-derived iPS cells from monozygotic twin cases with treatment-resistant schizophrenia and discordant responses to clozapine. Schizophr Res. 2017;181:75-82 pubmed publisher..These results, which contribute to the current understanding of the molecular mechanisms of clozapine action, establish a new strategy for the use of monozygotic twin studies in schizophrenia research. ..
- Saito T, Ikeda M, Mushiroda T, Ozeki T, Kondo K, Shimasaki A, et al. Pharmacogenomic Study of Clozapine-Induced Agranulocytosis/Granulocytopenia in a Japanese Population. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;80:636-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HLA-B*59:01 is a risk factor for CIAG in the Japanese population. Furthermore, if our model is true, the results suggest that rechallenging certain CIG subjects with clozapine may not be always contraindicated. ..
- Kinoshita M, Numata S, Tajima A, Yamamori H, Yasuda Y, Fujimoto M, et al. Effect of Clozapine on DNA Methylation in Peripheral Leukocytes from Patients with Treatment-Resistant Schizophrenia. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, DNA methylation changes in the CREBBP (CREB binding protein) gene were significantly correlated with the clinical improvements. Our findings provide insights into the action of clozapine in treatment-resistant SCZ. ..
- Takeda M, Hashimoto R, Kudo T, Okochi M, Tagami S, Morihara T, et al. Laughter and humor as complementary and alternative medicines for dementia patients. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2010;10:28 pubmed publisher..In this debate article, the physiological basis and actual application of laughter and humor in the treatment of dementia patients are presented for discussion on the applicability to dementia patients. ..
- Ohi K, Hashimoto R, Yamamori H, Yasuda Y, Fujimoto M, Umeda Yano S, et al. The impact of the genome-wide supported variant in the cyclin M2 gene on gray matter morphology in schizophrenia. Behav Brain Funct. 2013;9:40 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that the genetic variant in the CNNM2 gene could be implicated in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia through the GM volumetric vulnerability of the orbital regions in the inferior frontal gyri. ..
- Hashimoto R, Hashimoto H, Shintani N, Chiba S, Hattori S, Okada T, et al. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide is associated with schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2007;12:1026-32 pubmed..These convergent data suggest that alterations in PACAP signaling might contribute to the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. ..
- Hashimoto R, Ohi K, Yasuda Y, Fukumoto M, Yamamori H, Kamino K, et al. The KCNH2 gene is associated with neurocognition and the risk of schizophrenia. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2013;14:114-20 pubmed publisher..18; P = 0.0017). These data suggest that the KCNH2 polymorphism could be associated with schizophrenia-related neuropsychological deficits and the risk of developing schizophrenia. ..
- Hashimoto R, Numakawa T, Ohnishi T, Kumamaru E, Yagasaki Y, Ishimoto T, et al. Impact of the DISC1 Ser704Cys polymorphism on risk for major depression, brain morphology and ERK signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3024-33 pubmed..A possible biological mechanism of MDD might be implicated by these convergent data that Cys704 DISC1 is associated with the lower biological activity on ERK signaling, reduced brain gray matter volume and an increased risk for MDD. ..
- Yasuda Y, Hashimoto R, Yamamori H, Ohi K, Fukumoto M, Umeda Yano S, et al. Gene expression analysis in lymphoblasts derived from patients with autism spectrum disorder. Mol Autism. 2011;2:9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the possibility that decreased mRNA expression levels of these genes might be involved in the pathophysiology of ASD in a substantial population of ASD patients. ..
- Hashimoto R, Ohi K, Yasuda Y, Fukumoto M, Yamamori H, Kamino K, et al. No association between the PCM1 gene and schizophrenia: a multi-center case-control study and a meta-analysis. Schizophr Res. 2011;129:80-4 pubmed publisher..28). The meta-analysis did not reveal an association between the four examined SNPs and schizophrenia. Our data did not support genetic variants in the PCM1 gene as a susceptibility locus for schizophrenia. ..
- Hashimoto R, Ohi K, Yasuda Y, Fukumoto M, Iwase M, Iike N, et al. The impact of a genome-wide supported psychosis variant in the ZNF804A gene on memory function in schizophrenia. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:1459-64 pubmed publisher..018). In contrast, there was no genotype effect for any index in the healthy control subjects (P?>?0.05). Our data suggest that rs1344706 may be related to memory dysfunction in schizophrenia. © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Hashimoto R, Hashimoto H, Shintani N, Ohi K, Hori H, Saitoh O, et al. Possible association between the pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) gene and major depressive disorder. Neurosci Lett. 2010;468:300-2 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that PACAP signaling might contribute to the pathogenesis of MDD. ..
- Hashimoto R, Noguchi H, Hori H, Ohi K, Yasuda Y, Takeda M, et al. Association between the dysbindin gene (DTNBP1) and cognitive functions in Japanese subjects. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2009;63:550-6 pubmed publisher..A risk-independent SNP in DTNBP1 may have an impact on cognitive functions such as memory and IQ in healthy subjects. ..
- Hashimoto R, Ohi K, Okada T, Yasuda Y, Yamamori H, Hori H, et al. Association analysis between schizophrenia and the AP-3 complex genes. Neurosci Res. 2009;65:113-5 pubmed publisher..80) was no longer positive after correction for multiple testing (corrected P=0.192). The present results suggest that AP3 complex genes might not play a major role in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia in this population. ..
- Hashimoto R, Mori T, Nemoto K, Moriguchi Y, Noguchi H, Nakabayashi T, et al. Abnormal microstructures of the basal ganglia in schizophrenia revealed by diffusion tensor imaging. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2009;10:65-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the notion that myelination abnormalities in basal ganglia-thalamic system are related to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. ..