Affiliation: Osaka University
- Quantitation of hepatitis B surface antigen by an automated chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassayMatsuo Deguchi
The Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Virol Methods 115:217-22. 2004..Serum HBsAg levels detected by Architect HBsAg QT were found to be higher in HBeAg-positive than in anti-HBe-positive HBV chronic carriers and correlated with the level of serum HBV-DNA and HBV-DNA polymerase...
- Clinical utility and characteristics of nine anti-HCV antibody screening reagents used in JapanMifumi Kita
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Otemae Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Lab 55:9-22. 2009..Each anti-HCV antibody screening reagent in use has unique features, and it is suggested that caution be used when diagnosing HCV infection on the basis of the results of a single antibody test...
- Evaluation of a chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay for determination of Treponema pallidum antibodiesNori Yoshioka
The Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Japan
Clin Lab 53:597-603. 2007..The clinical utility of CMIA-QT was evaluated with stored specimens from 5 primary, 5 secondary, and 5 neural syphilis patients. The clinical utility of CMIA-QT was confirmed in the same manner as that of TPPA...
- Evaluation of human immunodeficiency virus-1/2 antigen/antibody immunochromatographic assayMatsuo Deguchi
The Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Clin Lab 58:1193-201. 2012..This study was conducted to evaluate the clinical performance of this new assay against three HIV-1/2 assays...
- [Clinical evaluation of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method for the detection of hepatitis B virus (HBV)-DNA]Kazuko Tahara
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, 2-15, Yamadaoka, Suita-shi, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Rinsho Biseibutshu Jinsoku Shindan Kenkyukai Shi 13:121-8. 2003..184). These data indicate that the PCR method is more suitable for the detection of HBV-DNA in long-term follow-up patients with negative for HBe Ag and positive for anti-HBe Ab, and in patients with lamivudine therapy for HBV infection...
- Pseudomembranous colitis caused by toxin A-negative/toxin B-positive variant strain of Clostridium difficileMasahiro Toyokawa
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka University, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita, 565 0871 Osaka, Japan
J Infect Chemother 9:351-4. 2003..difficile toxin genes should be performed...
- Severe Chlamydophila psittaci pneumonia rapidly diagnosed by detection of antigen in sputum with an immunochromatography assayMasahiro Toyokawa
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka University, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Infect Chemother 10:245-9. 2004..Hereafter, further examination will be necessary regarding pretreatment of specimens or detection sensitivity and specificity...
- In vitro antifungal combination effects of micafungin with fluconazole, voriconazole, amphotericin B, and flucytosine against clinical isolates of Candida speciesIsao Nishi
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Infect Chemother 15:1-5. 2009..The synergistic antifungal effects of MCFG-FLCZ and MCFG-VRCZ were 11% and 15%, respectively, and the latter displayed a synergistic activity of 63% against Candida glabrata. Antagonism was not observed in any of the combinations tested...
- [Comparison of minimum inhibitory concentration and postantibiotic effect of eyedrops on isolates in National Surveillance of Infectious Keratitis in Japan]Atsuko Sunada
Department of Medical Technology, Osaka University Hospital 2 15 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 110:973-83. 2006..To determine the minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and postantibiotic effect (PAE) of antibiotic eyedrops against various isolates from infectious keratitis samples...
- Seroprevalence survey of measles, rubella, varicella, and mumps antibodies in health care workers and evaluation of a vaccination program in a tertiary care hospital in JapanSeishi Asari
Department of Infection Control and Prevention, Osaka University Hospital, Suita City, Japan
Am J Infect Control 31:157-62. 2003..These data indicate that all HCWs should be strongly recommended to be vaccinated against (or have documented immunity to) these viruses in Japan, as is the case in the United States...
- [Usefulness of immunological detection of both toxin A and toxin B in stool samples for rapid diagnosis of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea]Masahiro Toyokawa
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 81:33-8. 2007..Kits for the detection of both C. difficile toxins A and B should be immediately introduced into Japan to ensure the correct diagnosis of CDAD and infection control...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory tract pathogens in Japan during PROTEKT years 1-5 (1999-2004)Matsuhisa Inoue
Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 14:109-17. 2008..7% in year 5. S. pyogenes isolates were highly susceptible to most antimicrobial agents except macrolides and tetracycline. Telithromycin was highly active against all three pathogens examined throughout the study...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of respiratory tract pathogens in Japan during PROTEKT years 1-3 (1999-2002)Matsuhisa Inoue
Department of Microbiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Infect Chemother 12:9-21. 2006..Almost all (>95%) M. catarrhalis isolates were beta-lactamase positive each year. Telithromycin was highly active against all pathogens examined in this study during all 3 years...
- [Nucleic acid-based testing for cytomegalovirus infection]Masahiro Toyokawa
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital
Nippon Rinsho 63:347-52. 2005
- Evaluation of colony-based examinations of diarrheagenic Escherichia coli in stool specimens: low probability of detection because of low concentrations, particularly during the early stage of gastroenteritisYoshio Iijima
Department of Microbiology, Kobe Institute of Health, 4 6 Minatojima Nakamachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0046, Japan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 58:303-8. 2007..Thus, a diagnosis of DEC infections requires a molecular method that targets not individual colonies but E. coli clusters...
- Characteristics of Pseudomonas corneal infection related to orthokeratologyKaoru Araki-Sasaki
Kagoshima Miyata Eye Clinic, 1 5 1, Nishida, Kagoshima, 8900046, Japan
Cornea 24:861-3. 2005..To describe a Pseudomonas aeruginosa corneal infection resulting from orthokeratology...
- [Evaluation of seven immunological assay reagents for hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HBsAg) in the sensitivity and the detection of HBsAg mutants]Matsuo Deguchi
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 79:138-42. 2005..These data indicate that there are differences in the detection sensitivities for HBsAg and abilities to detect HBsAg mutants among commercially available HBsAg kits, which may explain false-negative clinical results...
- [Report of questionnaire survey for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and penisillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae between 1998 and 2000 in the Kinki district]Atsuko Sunada
Lab for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 77:331-9. 2003..All strains of PRSP were sensitive to vancomycin (VCM), but the frequencies of resistance to cefaclor and other some antibiotics have increased...