Affiliation: Osaka University
- An analysis of the persistent presence of opportunistic pathogens on patient-derived dental impressions and gypsum castsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Frost hodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 21:62-8. 2008....
- Intercellular adhesion molecule 1-dependent activation of interleukin 8 expression in Candida albicans-infected human gingival epithelial cellsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Infect Immun 73:622-6. 2005..albicans to HGECs and the Candida-induced production of IL-8, suggesting a role for ICAM-1 in recognition and signaling in HGECs to express IL-8 upon infection with C. albicans...
- In vitro mechanisms of interleukin-8-mediated responses of human gingival epithelial cells to Candida albicans infectionHiroshi Egusa
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Int J Med Microbiol 296:301-11. 2006..The molecular mechanisms governing the IL-8 response of HGECs to C. albicans infection likely involve multiple converging signal transduction pathways, including those mediated by IL-1alpha and ICAM-1 activation...
- Downregulation of extracellular matrix-related gene clusters during osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow- and adipose tissue-derived stromal cellsHiroshi Egusa
Jane and Jerry Weintraub Center for Reconstructive Biotechnology, Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials and Hospital Dentistry, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Tissue Eng 13:2589-600. 2007..This change may serve to normalize gene expression in mixed populations of stem cells derived from different tissues...
- Oral candidosis in HIV-infected patientsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Curr HIV Res 6:485-99. 2008....
- Clinical evaluation of the efficacy of removing microorganisms to disinfect patient-derived dental impressionsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
Int J Prosthodont 21:531-8. 2008..The objective of this study was to clinically evaluate the disinfection efficacy of commercially available agents in removing oral pathogens from patient-derived impressions...
- Enhanced bone regeneration via multimodal actions of synthetic peptide SVVYGLR on osteoprogenitors and osteoclastsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Division of Oromaxillofacial Regeneration, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biomaterials 30:4676-86. 2009..These data suggest that SVVYGLR is an effective bioactive peptide for bone tissue regeneration that promotes attachment and proliferation of osteogenic cells while also suppressing osteoclastogenesis...
- Gingival fibroblasts as a promising source of induced pluripotent stem cellsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Osaka, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e12743. 2010..Oral gingiva, which is often resected during general dental treatments and treated as biomedical waste, is an easily obtainable tissue, and cells can be isolated from patients with minimal discomfort...
- The small molecule harmine regulates NFATc1 and Id2 expression in osteoclast progenitor cellsHiroshi Egusa
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Bone 49:264-74. 2011..The small molecule harmine is therefore expected to provide an experimental tool for investigating signaling cascades in osteoclastogenesis, especially those centered on DYRK1A-mediated NFATc1 and Id2 regulation...