Affiliation: Okazaki City Hospital
- Profound sinus bradycardia after intravenous nicardipineHajime Arima
Department of Anesthesia, Okazaki City Hospital, 3 1 Goshoai Koryuji cho, Okazaki 444 8553, Japan
Anesth Analg 95:53-5, table of contents. 2002..The mechanism of this bradycardia was not clear, and depression of sympathetic tone by epidural anesthesia, hypothermia, and paroxysmal atrial fibrillation might have been contributory...
- Hyperosmolar mannitol simulates expression of aquaporins 4 and 9 through a p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathway in rat astrocytesHajime Arima
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Okazaki City Hospital, 3 1 Goshoai, Koryuji cho, Okazaki 444 8553, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:44525-34. 2003....
- Difficult airway in a child with spinal muscular atrophy type IHajime Arima
Department of Anaesthesia, Okazaki City Hospital, Okazaki, Japan
Paediatr Anaesth 13:342-4. 2003..In this study we report a case of difficult airway in a child with SMA type I. The relationship between SMA type I with a tracheostome and difficult airway are discussed...
- Transient and reversible parkinsonism after acute organophosphate poisoningHajime Arima
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Okazaki City Hospital, Okazaki, Japan
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:67-70. 2003..Patients should be carefully observed for the presence of neurological signs in this kind of poisoning. If present, an anti-parkinsonism drug should be considered...
- Airway obstruction associated with transesophageal echocardiography in a patient with a giant aortic pseudoaneurysmHajime Arima
Department of Anesthesia, Okazaki City Hospital, 3 1 Goshoai, Koryuji cho, Okazaki 444 8553, Japan
Anesth Analg 95:558-60, table of contents. 2002..We present a case of TEE-associated airway obstruction in an adult patient undergoing surgery for repair of a giant ascending aortic pseudoaneurysm...
- Flexible, tapered-tip tube facilitates conventional orotracheal intubation by novice intubatorsMinHye So
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Okazaki City Hospital, 3 1 Goshoai, Okazaki 444 8553, Japan
J Anesth 20:344-7. 2006..However, a detailed analysis revealed that the PFT decreased the time required for intubation in the anesthesia trainee group. The PFT may help novice intubators to conduct a smooth intubation...
- Effect of mild hypothermia on the expression of aquaporin family in cultured rat astrocytes under hypoxic conditionYoshihito Fujita
Department of Anesthesiology and Medical Crisis Management, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8901, Japan
Neurosci Res 47:437-44. 2003..The restoration of the AQP4 and AQP5 expression at 32 degrees C from the hypoxia-induced decrease at 37 degrees C may play an important role in the reduction of brain edema under hypothermic conditions...
- Interleukin-1beta induces the expression of aquaporin-4 through a nuclear factor-kappaB pathway in rat astrocytesHiroaki Ito
Department of Anesthesiology and Medical Crisis Management, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Neurochem 99:107-18. 2006..These findings show that IL-1beta induces expression of AQP4 through a NF-kappaB pathway without involvement of de novo protein synthesis in rat astrocytes...
- Lactic acid increases aquaporin 4 expression on the cell membrane of cultured rat astrocytesTetsuro Morishima
Department of Anesthesiology and Medical Crisis Management, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Japan
Neurosci Res 61:18-26. 2008..The increase in AQP4 expression level on the cell membrane of astrocytes induced by lactic acid may be a new regulation mechanism of AQP4 in the brain...
- Profound pain due to propofol injection triggered myocardial ischemia in a patient with a suspected pheochromocytomaTetsuro Morishima
Anesth Analg 96:631. 2003
- Pseudothrombus in the aortaMasatoshi Fukumoto
Anesthesiology 105:860-1. 2006