Affiliation: Okayama University
- Angiomyofibroblastoma of the vulva: a large pedunculated mass formationMasako Omori
Department of Pathology, Okayama University Hospital, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 60:237-42. 2006..These histological findings are consistent with angiomyofibroblastoma and support the hypothesis that angiomyofibroblastoma originates from perivascular stem cells with a capacity for myofibroblastic and fatty differentiation...
- Infantile cervical intramedullary cavernous angioma manifesting as hematomyelia. Case reportYasuyuki Miyoshi
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Okaya, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:677-82. 2010..This case of infantile intramedullary spinal cord cavernous angioma presenting with cervical hematomyelia shows osteoplastic laminotomy of the cervical spine might be helpful to prevent consequent cervical deformity in pediatric cases...
- Immunohistochemistry of p63 in primary and secondary vulvar Paget's diseaseHiroyuki Yanai
Department of Pathology, Okayama University Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Pathol Int 58:648-51. 2008..This indicates that p63 is absent in Paget cells in primary VPD and is therefore useful in differentiating primary VPD from VPD-UC...
- F-18 FDG PET demonstration of a thyroid metastasis in a patient with colon cancerToshihiro Iguchi
Department of Radiology, Okayama University Medical School, and Department of Radiology, PET RI center, Okayama Kyokuto Hospital, 567 1 Kurata, Okayama 703 8625, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 32:361-2. 2007..F-18 FDG PET was useful to detect thyroid metastasis from colon cancer as well as the most frequently seen metastatic sites such as liver, lungs, and lymph nodes...
- Oxidative modification of IkappaB by monochloramine inhibits tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced NF-kappaB activationTetsuya Ogino
Department of Pathological Research, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1746:135-42. 2005..These results indicated that NH(2)Cl inhibited TNFalpha-induced NF-kappaB activation through the oxidation of IkappaB, and that NH(2)Cl is physiologically more relevant than Tau-NHCl in modifying NF-kappaB-mediated cellular responses...
- An extra-adrenal abdominal pheochromocytoma causing ectopic ACTH syndromeFumio Otsuka
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Am J Hypertens 18:1364-8. 2005..This is the first report of ectopic ACTH syndrome induced by an extra-adrenal abdominal paraganglioma...
- Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase is essential for oxidative stress-induced Jurkat cell apoptosis by monochloramineTetsuya Ogino
Pathology and Experimental Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Leuk Res 33:151-8. 2009..In contrast, Ca(2+) chelation by EGTA+acetoxymethyl-EGTA had no effects on apoptosis. Our results indicated that JNK activation contributed most importantly to the NH(2)Cl-induced apoptosis...
- Pseudoprogression of lung cancer after concomitant chemoradiotherapyEiki Ichihara
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Respiratory Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata, Okayama, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:140-2. 2008..We herein report a rare case of lung cancer showing a pathological complete response despite re-enlargement of tumour lesion...
- Cell cycle arrest by monochloramine through the oxidation of retinoblastoma proteinMutsumi Hosako
Department of Pathological Research, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Shikata, Okayama, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 36:112-22. 2004..As protein methionine oxidation has been reported in inflammation and aging, cell cycle modulation by pRB oxidation may occur in various pathological conditions...
- Monochloramine inhibits the expression of E-selectin and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 induced by TNF-alpha through the suppression of NF-kappaB activation in human endothelial cellsMasako Omori
Department of Pathological Research, Faculty of Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
Free Radic Res 36:845-52. 2002..We speculate that neutrophil-derived chloramines may have a regulatory role in the recruitment of leukocytes...
- Physiological oxidants induce apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in a multidrug-resistant natural killer cell line, NK-YSTin Aung Than
Department of Pathological Research, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 44:2109-16. 2003..These observations suggest that NH2Cl may induce apoptotic cell death and growth arrest in multidrug-resistant NK cell tumors...
- Primary aldosteronism caused by a unilateral adrenal adenoma accompanied by autonomous cortisol secretionJiro Suzuki
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:367-73. 2007..These results indicate that evaluation for autonomy of cortisol secretion and contra-lateral adrenal function is clinically important to avoid the risk of adrenal failure after surgery for primary aldosteronism...
- Remarkable shrinkage of sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma with single-agent gemcitabineYoshiro Fujiwara
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Respiratory Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 19:431-3. 2008..These findings indicate that single-agent gemcitabine is one of the few chemotherapeutic agents effective for palliation in patients with sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma, even those with poor performance status...