Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Okayama University
- Narazaki S, Furumatsu T, Tanaka T, Fujii M, Miyazawa S, Inoue H, et al. Postoperative change in the length and extrusion of the medial meniscus after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Int Orthop. 2015;39:2481-7 pubmed publisher..Transposition of the medial meniscus may be a possible cause of developing further degenerative knee joint disorders after ACL reconstruction. ..
- Fujii M, Sasaki Y, Araki D, Furumatsu T, Miyazawa S, Ozaki T, et al. Evaluation of the semitendinosus tendon graft shift in the bone tunnel: an experimental study. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:2773-2777 pubmed publisher..Surgeons may have to consider the graft shift within the bone tunnel as well as the tunnel position in the restoration of the native ACL anatomy. ..
- Furumatsu T, Hachioji M, Saiga K, Takata N, Yokoyama Y, Ozaki T. Anterior cruciate ligament-derived cells have high chondrogenic potential. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1142-7 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates that the balance between Sox9 and Scleraxis have an important role in the chondrogenic differentiation of ligament-derived cells. ..
- Kodama Y, Furumatsu T, Fujii M, Tanaka T, Miyazawa S, Ozaki T. Pullout repair of a medial meniscus posterior root tear using a FasT-Fix® all-inside suture technique. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2016;102:951-954 pubmed publisher..The uncut free-end of the FasT-Fix® suture can be used as a thread for transtibial pullout repair. Our procedure might help overcome the technical difficulties in arthroscopic treatment of a MMPRT. ..
- Fujii M, Furumatsu T, Miyazawa S, Tanaka T, Inoue H, Kodama Y, et al. Features of human autologous hamstring graft elongation after pre-tensioning in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Int Orthop. 2016;40:2553-2558 pubmed..66) and 150 N-2 min (p = 0.59). Graft elongation of the approximately 2 mm was observed, particularly in the stitched portion. It is necessary for a surgeon to focus on careful removal of slack from each stitch during suturing. ..
- Furumatsu T, Ozaki T. An Analysis of Pathological Activities of CCN Proteins in Joint Disorders: Mechanical Stretch-Mediated CCN2 Expression in Cultured Meniscus Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1489:533-542 pubmed..Our experimental model can analyze the relationships between stretch-induced CCN2 expression and its functional role in the meniscus homeostasis. ..
- Furumatsu T, Maehara A, Ozaki T. ROCK inhibition stimulates SOX9/Smad3-dependent COL2A1 expression in inner meniscus cells. J Orthop Sci. 2016;21:524-529 pubmed publisher..ROCKi treatment may be useful to promote the fibrochondrocytic healing of the injured inner meniscus. ..
- Ito T, Yadav N, Lee J, Furumatsu T, Yamashita S, Yoshida K, et al. Arginine methyltransferase CARM1/PRMT4 regulates endochondral ossification. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:47 pubmed publisher..These results establish a role for CARM1 as an important regulator of chondrocyte proliferation during embryogenesis. ..
- Hino T, Furumatsu T, Fujii M, Kodama Y, Miyazawa S, Kamatsuki Y, et al. Tibial eminence width can predict the presence of complete discoid lateral meniscus: A preliminary study. J Orthop Sci. 2017;22:1084-1088 pubmed publisher..The plain radiographic parameters identified by this study could be useful for complete discoid lateral meniscus screening. Clinical. ..
- Furumatsu T, Kamatsuki Y, Fujii M, Kodama Y, Okazaki Y, Masuda S, et al. Medial meniscus extrusion correlates with disease duration of the sudden symptomatic medial meniscus posterior root tear. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017;103:1179-1182 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that preoperative MME assessment may be important in determining disease duration and treatment strategy of the MMPRT. Retrospective cohort study level IV. ..
- Fujii M, Furumatsu T, Miyazawa S, Tanaka T, Inoue H, Kodama Y, et al. Formation of ring-shaped lateral meniscus following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2017;31:229-232 pubmed publisher..This is the first case in the literature of inter-horn bridge formation involved in ring-shaped lateral meniscus following ACL reconstruction. ..
- Fujii M, Furumatsu T, Xue H, Miyazawa S, Kodama Y, Hino T, et al. Tensile strength of the pullout repair technique for the medial meniscus posterior root tear: a porcine study. Int Orthop. 2017;41:2113-2118 pubmed publisher..No significant differences were observed between the MMA and F-MMA groups (P = 0.734). The ultimate failure load was significantly greater in the F-MMA than the TSS group and similar to the conventional MMA technique. ..
- Inoue H, Furumatsu T, Miyazawa S, Fujii M, Kodama Y, Ozaki T. Improvement in the medial meniscus posterior shift following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2018;26:434-441 pubmed publisher..It possibly prevents secondary injury to the MM posterior segment and cartilage that progresses to knee osteoarthritis. IV. ..
- Furumatsu T, Fujii M, Kodama Y, Ozaki T. A giraffe neck sign of the medial meniscus: A characteristic finding of the medial meniscus posterior root tear on magnetic resonance imaging. J Orthop Sci. 2017;22:731-736 pubmed publisher..7% of the MMPRT. Our results suggest that the combination of giraffe neck, cleft, ghost, and radial tear signs may be important for an accurate diagnostic MRI reading of the MMPRT. ..
- Lu Z, Furumatsu T, Fujii M, Maehara A, Ozaki T. The distribution of vascular endothelial growth factor in human meniscus and a meniscal injury model. J Orthop Sci. 2017;22:715-721 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that injury stimulates the expression of HIF-1? and VEGF that may be preserved in the extracellular matrix as the healing stimulator of damaged meniscus, especially in the outer meniscus. ..
- Fujii M, Furumatsu T, Miyazawa S, Kodama Y, Hino T, Kamatsuki Y, et al. Bony landmark between the attachment of the medial meniscus posterior root and the posterior cruciate ligament: CT and MR imaging assessment. Skeletal Radiol. 2017;46:1041-1045 pubmed publisher..MRI showed that the posterior dimple separated the tibial attachment of the PCL and MMPI. This is the first study to discuss the prevalence and position of the bony recess in the posterior intercondylar fossa. ..
- Fujii M, Furumatsu T, Kodama Y, Miyazawa S, Hino T, Kamatsuki Y, et al. A novel suture technique using the FasT-Fix combined with Ultrabraid for pullout repair of the medial meniscus posterior root tear. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2017;27:559-562 pubmed publisher..The present suture technique allows a strong grasping of the medial meniscus posterior horn for arthroscopic pullout repair. ..
- Furumatsu T, Kodama Y, Fujii M, Tanaka T, Hino T, Kamatsuki Y, et al. A new aiming guide can create the tibial tunnel at favorable position in transtibial pullout repair for the medial meniscus posterior root tear. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017;103:367-371 pubmed publisher..7%) than in the Multi-use guide group (13.1%). The PRT guide may have great advantage to achieve a more anatomic location of the tibial tunnel in MMPRT pullout repair. III. ..
- Furumatsu T, Matsumoto E, Kanazawa T, Fujii M, Lu Z, Kajiki R, et al. Tensile strain increases expression of CCN2 and COL2A1 by activating TGF-?-Smad2/3 pathway in chondrocytic cells. J Biomech. 2013;46:1508-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that CTS epigenetically stimulates CCN2 transcription via TGF-?1 release associated with Smad2/3 activation and enhances COL2A1 expression through the complex formation between SOX9 and Smad2/3. ..
- Furumatsu T, Shukunami C, Amemiya Kudo M, Shimano H, Ozaki T. Scleraxis and E47 cooperatively regulate the Sox9-dependent transcription. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:148-56 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Scx and E47 might modulate the primary chondrogenesis by associating with the Sox9-related transcriptional complex, and by binding to the conserved E-box on Col2a1 promoter. ..
- Furumatsu T, Ozaki T, Asahara H. Smad3 activates the Sox9-dependent transcription on chromatin. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1198-204 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that TGF-beta signal Smad3 plays a key role for chromatin remodeling to induce chondrogenesis via its association with Sox9. ..