- Congenital measles caused by transplacental infectionGoh Ohji
Department of General Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Kameda Medical Center, Chiba, Japan
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:166-7. 2009..Although he was given standard immunoglobulin soon after delivery, he developed congenital measles. The diagnosis was confirmed by serology and PCR assay from the infant's pharyngeal secretions...
- Burkholderia contaminans: unusual cause of biliary sepsisGoh Ohji
Division of Infectious Disease Therapeutics, Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo, 650 0017, Japan
J Infect Chemother 19:969-71. 2013..This case suggests that B. contaminans can be a causative agent of healthcare-associated biliary tract infections such as ERCP-related cholangitis. ..
- Comparison of the clinical risk factors between Candida albicans and Candida non-albicans species for bloodstream infectionKatsumi Shigemura
1 Division of Urology, Department of Organ Therapeutics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan 2 Infection Control Team, Kobe University Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 67:311-4. 2014..cancer and chemotherapy), and demonstrated that Candida non-albicans spp. were more resistant to FLCZ and ITCZ than Candida albicans. ..
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia in Japan may have a better mortality profile than HAP in the United States: a retrospective studyKentaro Iwata
Division of Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Infect Chemother 18:734-40. 2012..Gram staining of good-quality specimens demonstrated promising sensitivity to predict the causative organisms. SMART-COP predicted mortality with appropriate ROC curve (AUC)...
- How were the high-fever consultation center perceived by the officers who provided it in Kobe City, during swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) outbreak? A qualitative study utilizing SCQRMKentaro Iwata
Division of Medical Risk Management, Research Center for Urban Safety and Security, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 56:E195-203. 2011..The effectiveness of this system, however, has not been fully evaluated. This study reports the result of a qualitative study, which explored officers who provided the high-fever consultation center during influenza outbreak...
- Infection control team activity and recent antibiograms in the Kobe University HospitalKatsumi Shigemura
1 Division of Urology, Department of Organs Therapeutics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan 2 Infection Control Team, Kobe University Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 66:511-6. 2013..Further observation may be necessary for a definitive evaluation of ICT activities. ..
- A systematic review for pursuing the presence of antibiotic associated enterocolitis caused by methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureusKentaro Iwata
Division of Infectious Disease, Kobe University Hospital, 7 5 2 Kusunokicho, Chuoku, 650 0017 Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 14:247. 2014..Numerous cases of AAE caused by MRSA have been reported from Japan; however, due to the fact that these reports were written in the Japanese language and a good portion lacked scientific rigor, many of these reports went unnoticed...
- A case of pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) in a patient with HIV infectionKentaro Iwata
Division of Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Hospital, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:298-300. 2010..The literature was reviewed for the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and infection control of pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) among those who have HIV infection...
- Effect of neutrophil elastase inhibitor (sivelestat sodium) in the treatment of acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS): a systematic review and meta-analysisKentaro Iwata
Division of Health Risk Management, Research Center for Urban Safety and Security, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Intern Med 49:2423-32. 2010..Sivelestat is neutrophil elastase inhibitor, which is widely used in Japan for the treatment of acute lung injury. However, the clinical efficacy of the medication has not been convincingly demonstrated...
- Progressive disseminated histoplasmosis in an immunocompetent patient as an underrecognized imported mycosis in JapanGoh Ohji
Division of Infectious Disease Therapeutics, Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 2 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:443-5. 2010..Our case suggests that PDH can occur in immunocompetent patients as previously described, and must be included in the differential diagnoses if presentation is consistent. In addition, the skills of travel history taking are emphasized...