- One-year evaluation of the preventative effect of hydrofluoroalkane-beclomethasone dipropionate on eosinophilic inflammation of asthmatic peripheral airwaysHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Tohno Kousei Hospital, Mizunami, Gifu Pref 509 6101, Japan
Respiration 74:146-53. 2007..In asthmatic patients with eosinophilic inflammation of the peripheral airways, appropriate drug delivery to the affected area is required...
- Pitavastatin improves serum resistin levels in patients with hypercholesterolemiaHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Tohno Kousei Hospital, 76 1 Toki Cho, Mizunami City, Gifu, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 15:87-93. 2008..This clinical study aimed to investigate whether pitavastatin can regulate the serum level of resistin, together with levels of other inflammatory cytokines and adipocytokines...
- Hydrofluoroalkane-beclomethasone dipropionate effectively improves airway eosinophilic inflammation including the distal airways of patients with mild to moderate persistent asthma as compared with fluticasone propionate in a randomized open double-cross Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Tohno Kousei Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Allergol Int 57:231-9. 2008..To evaluate whether hydrofluoroalkane-beclomethasone dipropionate (HFA-BDP) controls eosinophilic inflammation, including that in the distal airways, more effectively than fluticasone propionate (FP) Diskus...
- [The evaluation of the distal airway inflammation of well controlled asthmatic patients using sputum induction by inhalation of 10% hypertonic saline for 15 minutes]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Tohno Kousei Hospital
Arerugi 57:1000-11. 2008....
- Pretreatment with inhaled procaterol improves symptoms of dyspnea and quality of life in patients with severe COPDHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Tohno Kousei Hospital, Gifu
Int J Gen Med 5:517-24. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the clinical effect of supplementary inhaled procaterol hydrochloride in patients with COPD...
- Influence of dentures on residual inhaled corticosteroids in the mouths of elderly asthma patientsHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Respiratory and Allergy Internal Medicine, Tohno Chuo Clinic, 1 14 1, Matsugase Cho, Mizunami City, Gifu 509 6134, Japan
Respir Investig 50:54-61. 2012..The influence of dentures on residual inhaled corticosteroids (ICSs) in the mouths of elderly asthmatic patients and the appropriate time for gargling after inhaling ICSs are unclear...
- Additional effects of pranlukast in salmeterol/fluticasone combination therapy for the asthmatic distal airway in a randomized crossover studyHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Tohno Kousei Hospital, 76 1 Toki Cho, Mizunami City, Gifu Pref 509 6101, Japan
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 22:574-9. 2009..Salmeterol/fluticasone combination (SFC) therapy is used to control inflammation in the distal airway of patients with well-controlled asthma, but the efficacy of this approach is unclear...
- Pitavastatin improves plasma pentraxin 3 and arterial stiffness in atherosclerotic patients with hypercholesterolemiaHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Tohno Kousei Hospital, Gifu, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:490-500. 2009..To investigate the effect of pitavastatin on asymptomatic atherosclerosis in patients with hypercholesterolemia...
- Current situation of asthma therapy by allergists in primary medical facilities in JapanHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, JA Tohno Kousei Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Allergol Int 59:355-62. 2010..The present study was conducted because specialists are responsible for increasing the use of guidelines, but the current state of asthma care provided by specialists in primary clinical settings has not been clarified...
- Pitavastatin - a novel therapeutic milestoneH Ohbayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Tohno Kousei Hospital, Toki Cho Mizunami City, Japan
Drugs Today (Barc) 46:765-75. 2010..This review clarifies the long-term lipid-lowering and antiatherosclerotic effects of pitavastatin...
- [A multicenter, open-label, randomized comparison of suppressive effects on asthmatic inflammation of lower airways and improved effects on health-related QOL between HFA-BDP and fluticasone propionate]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Tohno Kousei Hospital, Japan
Arerugi 56:577-86. 2007....
- Neutrophil elastase inhibitors as treatment for COPDHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Internal Medicine II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65, Tsurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya City, 466 8550, Japan
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:965-80. 2002..In this review, various problems that remain to be solved in the clinical use of human neutrophil elastase inhibitors are discussed...
- [The evaluation of the relationship between the residual fluticasone propionate dry powder after inhalation and maximum peak inspiratory flow]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
JA Gifu Kouseiren Showa Hospital
Arerugi 51:544-51. 2002..In this study, we evaluated the relationship between residual powder and peak inspiratory flow (PIF), and the therapeutic necessity of using the reductive method of the residual powder...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in lung diseasesHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Nagoya University, School of Med, Japan
Curr Protein Pept Sci 3:409-21. 2002..In this review, the main focus is on the recent clinical and experimental findings and the contributions of MMPs and/or TIMPs in the lung diseases...
- [An evaluation of the acceptance of budesonide turbuhaler by older Japanese patients with bronchial asthma when changed from fluticasone propionate (FP) or beclomethasone dipropionate (BDP)]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Showa Hospital
Arerugi 52:31-8. 2003..This study was accordingly designed to evaluate the acceptability and clinical efficacy of budesonide in older Japanese patients with bronchial asthma...
- [The small airway inflammation of asthmatic patients who have used dry powder type inhaled steroid for moderate-long term evaluated by induced sputum and the efficacy of HFA-BDP (QVAR) inhalation]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Thono Kousei Hospital
Arerugi 54:24-35. 2005..We also investigated the effect of Hydrofluoroalukan-beclomethasone dipropionate (HFA-BDP), a new type of inhaled steroid which forms super micro aerosol particles, in the distal small airway...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 and airway remodeling in asthmaHiroyuki Ohbayashi
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65, Nagoya City, Aichi Pref 466 8560, Japan
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 4:177-81. 2005..This review also refers to the partial contribution of nitric oxide to MMP-9 in asthma...
- [A case of severe persistent bronchial asthma who showed significant improvement by switching to hfa-bdp, with reducing the dosage of oral steroids]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Tohno Kousei Hospital
Arerugi 54:1294-301. 2005..In this case study, it was suggested that HFA-BDP may reduce eosinophilic inflammation remained in the peripheral airway, and may be effective in supplementing the activity of PSL which must be taken orally by severe asthmatic patients...
- ZD-0892 AstraZenecaH Ohbayashi
Nagoya University School of Medicine, Second Department of Internal Medicine, 86 Toki Cho, Mizunami City, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 1:227-9. 2000..The compound was originally under investigation for the potential treatment of asthma, but development was discontinued for this indication . The compound is the follow-up to ZD-8321 (qv) ...
- [Examination of beneficial effects of risedronate in improving quality of life during long-term treatment of primary osteoporosis]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, JA Gifu Kouseiren, Tohno Kousei Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 67:206-12. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the therapeutic effect of long-term treatment with risedronate on the time-course of changes in patients' QOL...
- [Results of a survey questionnaire concerning smoking conditions in 54 major Japanese pharmaceutical companies and among their employees]Hiroyuki Ohbayashi
Department of Allergy and Respiratory Disease, Tohno Kousei Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 44:374-83. 2006..As few broad studies of the actual smoking conditions in pharmaceutical companies and among their employees have been conducted, this issue warrants investigation...