Affiliation: Ochanomizu University
- Vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy of HIV infected and non-infected women in tropical settings of Northwest EthiopiaAndargachew Mulu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
BMC Public Health 11:569. 2011..Therefore, the present study was aimed at determining the level of serum vitamin A and VAD among pregnant women with and without HIV infection in tropical settings of Northwest Ethiopia...
- Can dietary supplementation of monosodium glutamate improve the health of the elderly?Shigeru Yamamoto
Ochanomizu University Graduate School, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Clin Nutr 90:844S-849S. 2009..This article reviews the physiologic roles of dietary l-glutamate in relation to alimentation and examines the evidence linking the utility of MSG supplementation to the improvement of nutrition in elderly and hospitalized patients...
- Effects of dietary zinc deprivation on zinc concentration and ratio of apo/holo-activities of angiotensin converting enzyme in serum of miceNobuko Sarukura
Project for the National Health and Nutrition Survey, Nutritional Epidemiology Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 39:294-7. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of dietary zinc deprivation on zinc concentration, the activity of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and ratio of apo/holo-activities of ACE (ACE ratio) in the serum of mice...
- Dietary zinc intake and its effects on zinc nutrition in healthy Japanese living in the central area of JapanNobuko Sarukura
Project for National Health and Nutrition Survey, Nutritional Epidemiology Program, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Invest 58:203-9. 2011..Since beans contain phytic acid, which inhibits the absorption of dietary zinc, it is suggested that intake of beans causes impairment of zinc nutrition...
- Study on the necessary survey days for energy intake in school children assessed by 7 day surveyAtsuko Yamaguchi
International Nutrition, Ochanomizu University Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Invest 59:111-5. 2012..The results suggest that a survey of one weekday is reliable for all weekdays and that of one week-end day is reliable for any weekend day and also indicate the necessity of further studies of EER in rapidly growing children...
- Nutritional status of lactating mothers and their breast milk concentration of iron, zinc and copper in rural VietnamMasayo Nakamori
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Ochanomizu University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 55:338-45. 2009..In conclusion, we uncovered a high prevalence of anemia and zinc deficiency in lactating mothers in rural Vietnam. The findings demonstrate a low breast milk zinc concentration among the participants, but need further investigation...