Affiliation: Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Zhou M, Cao S, Sevinc F, Sevinc M, Ceylan O, Moumouni P, et al. Molecular detection and genetic identification of Babesia bigemina, Theileria annulata, Theileria orientalis and Anaplasma marginale in Turkey. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016;7:126-134 pubmed publisher..This study provides important data for understanding the epidemiology of tick-borne diseases and it is expected to improve approach for diagnosis and control of tick-borne diseases in Turkey. ..
- Abe C, Tanaka S, Nishimura M, Ihara F, Xuan X, Nishikawa Y. Role of the chemokine receptor CCR5-dependent host defense system in Neospora caninum infections. Parasit Vectors. 2015;8:5 pubmed publisher..caninum parasites. Our findings show that migration and activation of immune cells via CCR5 is required for controlling N. caninum parasites during the early phase of the infection. ..
- Jirapattharasate C, Adjou Moumouni P, Cao S, Iguchi A, Liu M, Wang G, et al. Molecular detection and genetic diversity of bovine Babesia spp., Theileria orientalis, and Anaplasma marginale in beef cattle in Thailand. Parasitol Res. 2017;116:751-762 pubmed publisher..This study provides information on the prevalence and genetic diversity of tick-borne pathogens in beef cattle and highlights the need for effective strategies to control these pathogens in Thailand. ..
- Xuan X, Chahan B, Huang X, Yokoyama N, Makala L, Igarashi I, et al. Diagnosis of equine piroplasmosis in Xinjiang province of China by the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays using recombinant antigens. Vet Parasitol. 2002;108:179-82 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report describing a survey on equine piroplasmosis in Xinjiang province, China. ..
- Jirapattharasate C, Adjou Moumouni P, Cao S, Iguchi A, Liu M, Wang G, et al. Molecular epidemiology of bovine Babesia spp. and Theileria orientalis parasites in beef cattle from northern and northeastern Thailand. Parasitol Int. 2016;65:62-69 pubmed publisher..orientalis and elucidate the effect of co-infection with Babesia spp. on the pathogenicity of T. orientalis infection on beef in northern and northeastern Thailand. ..
- Adjou Moumouni P, Aplogan G, Katahira H, Gao Y, Guo H, Efstratiou A, et al. Prevalence, risk factors, and genetic diversity of veterinary important tick-borne pathogens in cattle from Rhipicephalus microplus-invaded and non-invaded areas of Benin. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2018;9:450-464 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results ascertain the endemicity of tick-borne infections in Benin and suggest that the characteristics of Babesia spp. and A. marginale infections in R. microplus-invaded and non-invaded areas are different. ..
- Wang G, Efstratiou A, Adjou Moumouni P, Liu M, Jirapattharasate C, Guo H, et al. Expression of truncated Babesia microti apical membrane protein 1 and rhoptry neck protein 2 and evaluation of their protective efficacy. Exp Parasitol. 2017;172:5-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that combined immunization with rBmAMA1 and rBmRON2 is a promising strategy against B. microti. ..
- Ybañez A, Ybañez R, Talle M, Liu M, Moumouni P, Xuan X. WITHDRAWN:First report on Babesia canis vogeli infection in dogs in the Philippines. Parasitol Int. 2016;: pubmed publisher..doi.org/10.1016/j.parint.2016.10.001.The duplicate article has therefore been withdrawn. The full Elsevier Policy on Article Withdrawal can be found at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/withdrawalpolicy. ..
- Adjou Moumouni P, Terkawi M, Jirapattharasate C, Cao S, Liu M, Nakao R, et al. Molecular detection of spotted fever group rickettsiae in Amblyomma variegatum ticks from Benin. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016;7:828-833 pubmed publisher..africae and spotted fever rickettsioses in Africa. Clinicians in Benin and those treating travellers should be aware of the possibility of SFG rickettsiae infection when they are treating patients with febrile illness. ..
- Liu M, Ruttayaporn N, Saechan V, Jirapattharasate C, Vudriko P, Moumouni P, et al. Molecular survey of canine vector-borne diseases in stray dogs in Thailand. Parasitol Int. 2016;65:357-61 pubmed publisher..The current findings are important for future surveillance of CVBDs and designing appropriate approaches for diagnosis and control for the diseases in Thailand. ..
- Zhou M, Cao S, Luo Y, Liu M, Wang G, Moumouni P, et al. Molecular identification and antigenic characterization of a merozoite surface antigen and a secreted antigen of Babesia canis (BcMSA1 and BcSA1). Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:257 pubmed publisher..canis infection. To our knowledge, this study is the first to report BcMSA1 and BcSA1 as potential antigenic proteins for serodiagnosis of B. canis infection in dogs. ..
- Liu M, Cao S, Zhou M, Wang G, Jirapattharasate C, Moumouni P, et al. Genetic variations of four immunodominant antigens of Babesia gibsoni isolated from dogs in southwest Japan. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016;7:298-305 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the genetic basis for designing and testing the efficacy of diagnostic antigens as well as vaccine candidates against B. gibsoni. ..
- Ybañez A, Ybañez R, Talle M, Liu M, Moumouni P, Xuan X. First report on Babesia vogeli infection in dogs in the Philippines. Parasitol Int. 2017;66:813-815 pubmed publisher..vogeli sequences at Genbank. Phylogenetic analysis revealed monophyletic grouping of Philippine sequences with the registered A. platys Genbank sequences. This is the first report of B. vogeli infection in dogs in the Philippines. ..
- Kamyingkird K, Cao S, Tuvshintulga B, Salama A, Mousa A, Efstratiou A, et al. Effects of dihydroorotate dehydrogenase (DHODH) inhibitors on the growth of Theileria equi and Babesia caballi in vitro. Exp Parasitol. 2017;176:59-65 pubmed publisher..Using bioinformatics and Western blot analysis, we showed that TeDHODH was similar to other Babesia parasite DHODHs, and confirmed that targeting DHODHs could be useful for the development of novel chemotherapeutics for treatment of EP. ..
- Wang G, Efstratiou A, Adjou Moumouni P, Liu M, Jirapattharasate C, Guo H, et al. Primary Babesia rodhaini infection followed by recovery confers protective immunity against B. rodhaini reinfection and Babesia microti challenge infection in mice. Exp Parasitol. 2016;169:6-12 pubmed publisher..The above results proved that mice immunized with alive B. rodhaini could acquire protective immunity against B. rodhaini and B. microti infections. ..
- Lee S, Mossaad E, Ibrahim A, Ismail A, Adjou Moumouni P, Liu M, et al. Detection and molecular characterization of tick-borne pathogens infecting sheep and goats in Blue Nile and West Kordofan states in Sudan. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2018;9:598-604 pubmed publisher..ruminantium previously identified in ticks from Sudan. We concluded that TBPs are highly prevalent in the study area and continuous monitoring of TBPs in sheep and goats in Sudan is highly required. ..
- Masatani T, Asada M, Hakimi H, Hayashi K, Yamagishi J, Kawazu S, et al. Identification and functional analysis of a novel mitochondria-localized 2-Cys peroxiredoxin, BbTPx-2, from Babesia bovis. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:3139-45 pubmed publisher..bovis, BbTPx-1. Notably, we confirmed that BbTPx-2 was expressed in the mitochondrion of B. bovis merozoites. Taken together, the results suggest that the mitochondrial BbTPx-2 is an antioxidative enzyme for scavenging ROS in B. bovis. ..
- Zhou M, Cao S, Sevinc F, Sevinc M, Ceylan O, Ekici S, et al. Molecular detection and genetic characterization of Babesia, Theileria and Anaplasma amongst apparently healthy sheep and goats in the central region of Turkey. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2017;8:246-252 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study on the co-infection of Babesia, Theileria and Anaplasma in sheep and goats in Turkey. ..
- Liu M, Asada M, Cao S, Adjou Moumouni P, Vudriko P, Efstratiou A, et al. Transient transfection of intraerythrocytic Babesia gibsoni using elongation factor-1 alpha promoter. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2017;216:56-59 pubmed publisher..This finding is the first step towards a stable transfection method for B. gibsoni, which may contribute to a better understanding of the biology of the parasite. ..
- Dinzouna Boutamba S, Lee S, Son U, Yun H, Joo S, Jeong S, et al. Determination of multiple-clone infection at allelic dimorphism site of Plasmodium vivax merozoite surface protein-1 in the Republic of Korea by pyrosequencing assay. Acta Trop. 2017;176:300-304 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to improve the efficacy of the pyrosequencing assay with large sample sizes and additional nucleotide positions. ..
- Ringo A, Adjou Moumouni P, Taioe M, Jirapattharasate C, Liu M, Wang G, et al. Molecular analysis of tick-borne protozoan and rickettsial pathogens in small ruminants from two South African provinces. Parasitol Int. 2018;67:144-149 pubmed publisher..This study provides important data for understanding the tick-borne diseases occurrence in the study area and it is expected to improve the approach for the diagnosis and control of these diseases. ..
- Liu M, Adjou Moumouni P, Cao S, Asada M, Wang G, Gao Y, et al. Identification and characterization of interchangeable cross-species functional promoters between Babesia gibsoni and Babesia bovis. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2018;9:330-333 pubmed publisher..gibsoni and B. bovis. This finding is an important step for future stable transfection construct design and for the production of vaccines based on transfected B. gibsoni and B. bovis parasites. ..