Affiliation: Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Yamagishi J, Wakaguri H, Yokoyama N, Yamashita R, Suzuki Y, Xuan X, et al. The Babesia bovis gene and promoter model: an update from full-length EST analysis. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:678 pubmed publisher..These observations allowed the illustration of a model promoter composition, which supports the differences in transcriptional regulation frameworks between apicomplexan parasites and mammals. ..
- Munkhjargal T, Yokoyama N, Igarashi I. Recombinant methionine aminopeptidase protein of Babesia microti: immunobiochemical characterization as a vaccine candidate against human babesiosis. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:3669-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that rBmMetAP1 confers significant protection against experimental B. microti infection and might be considered a potential vaccine target against human babesiosis. ..
- Munkhjargal T, Ishizaki T, Guswanto A, Takemae H, Yokoyama N, Igarashi I. Molecular and biochemical characterization of methionine aminopeptidase of Babesia bovis as a potent drug target. Vet Parasitol. 2016;221:14-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest that BvMAP is a molecular target of amastatin and bestatin, and those inhibitors may be drug candidates for the treatment of babesiosis, though more studies are required to confirm this. ..
- Hikosaka K, Tsuji N, Watanabe Y, Kishine H, Horii T, Igarashi I, et al. Novel type of linear mitochondrial genomes with dual flip-flop inversion system in apicomplexan parasites, Babesia microti and Babesia rodhaini. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:622 pubmed publisher..The present finding provides insight into further understanding of evolution of mt genome structure...
- El Sayed S, Rizk M, Terkawi M, Yokoyama N, Igarashi I. Molecular identification and antigenic characterization of Babesia divergens Erythrocyte Binding Protein (BdEBP) as a potential vaccine candidate. Parasitol Int. 2017;66:721-726 pubmed publisher..The obtained data suggest the possible use of rBdEBP as a vaccine candidate against bovine babesiosis. ..
- Rizk M, El Sayed S, Aboulaila M, Eltaysh R, Yokoyama N, Igarashi I. Performance and consistency of a fluorescence-based high-throughput screening assay for use in Babesia drug screening in mice. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12774 pubmed publisher..In summary, considering that all experiments were applied under optimal laboratory conditions, fluorescence assay at 2.5% HCT using 2x SG I for B. microti parasite offers a novel approach for drug screening in mice. ..
- Tuvshintulga B, Aboulaila M, Sivakumar T, Tayebwa D, Gantuya S, Naranbaatar K, et al. Chemotherapeutic efficacies of a clofazimine and diminazene aceturate combination against piroplasm parasites and their AT-rich DNA-binding activity on Babesia bovis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13888 pubmed publisher..CF and DA might have an AT-rich DNA-binding activity. All results suggest that the CF-DA combination chemotherapy will be a better choice to treat piroplasmosis instead of DA monotherapy. ..
- Guswanto A, Allamanda P, Mariamah E, Sodirun S, Wibowo P, Indrayani L, et al. Molecular and serological detection of bovine babesiosis in Indonesia. Parasit Vectors. 2017;10:550 pubmed publisher..bovis ITS isolates from Indonesia were found to be more genetically diverse than B. bigemina ITS isolates. The data presented in this study are necessary to develop an effective strategy for controlling the disease in the country. ..
- Rizk M, El Sayed S, Aboulaila M, Yokoyama N, Igarashi I. Evaluation of the inhibitory effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine on Babesia and Theileria parasites. Exp Parasitol. 2017;179:43-48 pubmed publisher..bovis and B. caballi cultures. These results indicate that N-acetyl-L-cysteine might be used as a drug for the treatment of babesiosis, especially when used in combination with diminazene aceturate. ..
- Guswanto A, Allamanda P, Mariamah E, Munkjargal T, Tuvshintulga B, Takemae H, et al. Evaluation of immunochromatographic test (ICT) strips for the serological detection of Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina infection in cattle from Western Java, Indonesia. Vet Parasitol. 2017;239:76-79 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the data showed the current seroprevalence of bovine babesiosis in Western Java, Indonesia, and efficient control strategies are needed to reduce economic losses due to the disease. ..
- Fereig R, Mohamed S, Mahmoud H, AbouLaila M, Guswanto A, Nguyen T, et al. Seroprevalence of Babesia bovis, B. bigemina, Trypanosoma evansi, and Anaplasma marginale antibodies in cattle in southern Egypt. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2017;8:125-131 pubmed publisher..bigemina infection rate. The recorded seroprevalence of hemoprotozoan parasites and A. marginale in cattle suggests that these diseases have the potential capacity to detrimentally affect meat and milk production in southern Egypt. ..