- Interferon-beta plus ribavirin therapy can be safely and effectively administered to elderly patients with chronic hepatitis CHideyuki Nomura
The Center for Liver Disease, Shin Kokura Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan Electronic address
J Infect Chemother 20:489-92. 2014..This study aims to evaluate the efficacy and safety of interferon-beta plus ribavirin therapy in older Japanese patients...
- Increase in platelet count based on inosine triphosphatase genotype during interferon beta plus ribavirin combination therapyHideyuki Nomura
The Center for Liver Disease, Shin Kokura Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:1461-6. 2012..We investigated decreases in platelet counts according to ITPA genotype during natural IFN-β/ribavirin therapy to determine if patients with low platelet counts were eligible for this combination therapy...
- A short-term eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori acute gastritisH Nomura
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kokura Hospital, 1 3 1, Kanada, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu 803 8505, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1377-81. 2000..pylori), may resolve spontaneously, but the infection sometimes becomes chronic. We examined the efficacy of a short-term H. pylori eradication therapy on acute gastritis...
- Short-term interferon-alfa therapy for acute hepatitis C: a randomized controlled trialHideyuki Nomura
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kokura Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatology 39:1213-9. 2004..021 and P =.006, respectively). In conclusion, short-term (4 weeks) IFN treatment of patients with acute hepatitis C may be associated with satisfactory results, if initiated at an early stage of the disease...
- Factors contributing to ribavirin-induced anemiaHideyuki Nomura
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kokura Hospital, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1312-7. 2004..Interferon and ribavirin combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C produces hemolytic anemia. This study was conducted to identify the factors contributing to ribavirin-induced anemia...
- Impact of early viral kinetics on pegylated interferon alpha 2b plus ribavirin therapy in Japanese patients with genotype 2 chronic hepatitis CH Nomura
The Center for Liver Diseases, Shin Kokura Hospital, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
J Viral Hepat 16:346-51. 2009..The RI (<or=1.0) was the only significant independent factor for SVR by multiple logistic regression analysis and is the first predictive factor in 24-week peginterferon plus ribavirin therapy for patients infected with genotype 2...
- Effective prediction of outcome of combination therapy with pegylated interferon alpha 2b plus ribavirin in Japanese patients with genotype-1 chronic hepatitis C using early viral kinetics and new indicesHideyuki Nomura
The Center for Liver Diseases, Shin Kokura Hospital, 1 3 1 Kanada, Kokurakitaku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, 803 8505, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:338-45. 2009..We investigated whether SVR and transient response (TR) can be differentiated during treatment using new indices calculated from early viral kinetics and the timing of when hepatitis C virus (HCV)-RNA becomes undetectable...