Affiliation: Niigata University
- Relationship between tonic inhibitory currents and phasic inhibitory activity in the spinal cord lamina II region of adult miceToyofumi Ataka
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, McKnight Brain Institute and College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Mol Pain 2:36. 2006..The prominent charge transfer by tonic inhibitory currents and their synaptic activity dependency suggest a significant role of tonic inhibition in sensory processing...
- Removal of GABAergic inhibition facilitates polysynaptic A fiber-mediated excitatory transmission to the superficial spinal dorsal hornHiroshi Baba
Neural Plasticity Research Group, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:818-30. 2003..This NMDA receptor-dependent phenomenon may contribute to bicuculline-induced allodynia or hyperalgesia, as well as the hypersensitivity observed in neuropathic pain patients...
- Substance P-driven feed-forward inhibitory activity in the mammalian spinal cordTerumasa Nakatsuka
McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Mol Pain 1:20. 2005..Our findings reveal a fundamental role of SP in recruiting inhibitory activity for sensory processing, which may have important therapeutic implications in treating pathological pain conditions using SP receptors as targets...
- Action of isoflurane on the substantia gelatinosa neurons of the adult rat spinal cordAyako Wakai
Division of Anesthesiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
Anesthesiology 102:379-86. 2005..This may be a possible mechanism for the antinociceptive effect of isoflurane in the spinal cord...
- Actions of midazolam on excitatory transmission in dorsal horn neurons of adult rat spinal cordTatsuro Kohno
Division of Anesthesiology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Anesthesiology 104:338-43. 2006..Although intrathecal administration of midazolam, a water-soluble imidazobenzodiazepine derivative, has been found to produce analgesia, how it exerts this effect at the neuronal level in the spinal cord is not fully understood...
- Propofol enhances GABA(A) receptor-mediated presynaptic inhibition in human spinal cordMiyako Shimizu
Department of Anesthesiology, Niigata University School of Medicine 1-757, Asahi-machi, Niigata 951-8510, Japan
Neuroreport 13:357-60. 2002..v.) significantly augmented the P2 component of seg SCEPs evoked by ulner nerve stimulation. We conclude that propofol enhances GABAA receptor-mediated presynaptic inhibition at primary afferent terminals in human spinal cord...