Affiliation: Nihon University
- Watanabe T, Katayama Y, Komine C, Yoshino A, Ogino A, Ohta T, et al. O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase methylation and TP53 mutation in malignant astrocytomas and their relationships with clinical course. Int J Cancer. 2005;113:581-7 pubmed..These findings highlight the importance of MGMT methylation as a specific predictive factor for responsiveness to nitrosourea chemotherapy. ..
- Fukushima T, Katayama Y, Watanabe T, Yoshino A, Ogino A, Ohta T, et al. Promoter hypermethylation of mismatch repair gene hMLH1 predicts the clinical response of malignant astrocytomas to nitrosourea. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:1539-44 pubmed..The findings obtained suggest that determination of the methylation status of hMLH1 could provide a potential basis for designing rational chemotherapeutic strategies, as well as for predicting prognosis. ..
- Watanabe T, Katayama Y, Yoshino A, Yachi K, Ohta T, Ogino A, et al. Aberrant hypermethylation of p14ARF and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase genes in astrocytoma progression. Brain Pathol. 2007;17:5-10 pubmed..Our findings suggest that p14(ARF) hypermethylation and MGMT hypermethylation constitute distinct molecular pathways of astrocytoma progression, which could differ in biological behavior and clinical outcome. ..
- Watanabe T, Yachi K, Ohta T, Fukushima T, Yoshino A, Katayama Y, et al. Non-promoter hypermethylation of zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) in human brain tumors. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2011;28:199-202 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that hypermethylation of the ZAR1 non-promoter is extremely frequent in diffuse gliomas and pituitary adenomas, although ZAR1 expression is unlikely to play a tumorigenic role...
- Watanabe T, Katayama Y, Fukushima T, Kawamata T. Lateral supracerebellar transtentorial approach for petroclival meningiomas: operative technique and outcome. J Neurosurg. 2011;115:49-54 pubmed publisher..quot;..