Affiliation: Nihon University
- Kano R, Nakamura Y, Watanabe S, Tsujimoto H, Hasegawa A. Phylogenetic relation of Epidermophyton floccosum to the species of Microsporum and Trichophyton in chitin synthase 1 (CHS1) gene sequences. Mycopathologia. 1999;146:111-3 pubmed..Phylogenetic analyses of the sequences from E. floccosum revealed that the genus Epidermophyton may be genetically distinct from Microsporum and Trichophyton. ..
- Kano R, Kubota A, Nakamura Y, Watanabe S, Hasegawa A. Feline ubiquitin fusion protein genes. Vet Res Commun. 2001;25:615-22 pubmed..These results suggested that there were more ubiquinated proteins in the heat-shocked CRFK cells than in the pre-heat-shocked cells. ..
- Hiruma J, Okubo M, Kano R, Kumagawa M, Hiruma M, Hasegawa A, et al. Mating Type Gene (MAT) and Itraconazole Susceptibility of Trichophyton tonsurans Strains Isolated in Japan. Mycopathologia. 2016;181:441-4 pubmed publisher..tonsurans is expected to respond to ITZ, since clinical isolates of T. tonsurans tested to date have been susceptible to this antifungal. This infection is proliferating as a subclinical infection in Japan. ..
- Kano R, Hattori Y, Murakami N, Mine N, Kashima M, Kroppenstedt R, et al. The first isolation of Nocardia veterana from a human mycetoma. Microbiol Immunol. 2002;46:409-12 pubmed..veterana showed 99.8% similarity. All data are consistent with the conclusion that the isolate in this human case of mycetoma is N. veterana. ..
- Kano R, Sano A, Makimura K, Watanabe S, Nishimura K, Yamaguchi H, et al. A new genotype of Arthroderma benhamiae. Med Mycol. 2008;46:739-44 pubmed publisher..benhamiae. These results were confirmed by ITS analysis. Therefore, it was proposed that genotypes could be established for the isolates of A. benhamiae in association with the mating behavior...
- Kano R, Yano T, Nagamatsu K, Maruyama H, Kamata H, Hasegawa A. Effectiveness of small interfering RNA (siRNA) against the Mcl-1 gene in a canine mammary gland tumor cell line. Res Vet Sci. 2009;87:64-6 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests the importance of Mcl-1 in canine mammary tumors for inducing apoptosis and reinforces using Mcl-1 as a putative therapeutic target in canine mammary gland tumor. ..
- Kano R, Shibahashi A, Fujino Y, Sakai H, Mori T, Tsujimoto H, et al. Two cases of feline orbital aspergillosis due to Aspergillus udagawae and A. viridinutans. J Vet Med Sci. 2013;75:7-10 pubmed....
- Kano R, Hirai A, Hasegawa A. Chitin synthase 1 gene of Arthroderma benhamiae isolates in Japan. Mycoses. 2002;45:277-81 pubmed..benhamiae were included in the same cluster, and that the African race of A. benhamiae formed a cluster that was distinct from the Americano-European race of A. benhamiae, A. simii and A. vanbreuseghemii...
- Kano R, Abe K, Hasegawa A. cDNA of canine heat shock protein 70 (HSP70). Vet Res Commun. 2004;28:395-405 pubmed..Canine HSP70 mRNA was detectable in canine peripheral blood mononuclear cells and stomach but not in liver, kidney, spleen, small intestine, large intestine and skin of dogs. ..