Affiliation: Nihon University
- Kobayashi H, Abe M, Okada K, Tei R, Maruyama N, Kikuchi F, et al. Oral zinc supplementation reduces the erythropoietin responsiveness index in patients on hemodialysis. Nutrients. 2015;7:3783-95 pubmed publisher..Zinc supplementation reduces ERI in patients undergoing HD and may be a novel therapeutic strategy for patients with renal anemia and low serum zinc levels. ..
- Higuchi T, Abe M, Mizuno M, Yamazaki T, Suzuki H, Moriuchi M, et al. Association of restless legs syndrome with oxidative stress and inflammation in patients undergoing hemodialysis. Sleep Med. 2015;16:941-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to identify detailed risk factors and the pathophysiological role of oxidative stress in RLS. ..
- Otsuki T, Higuchi T, Yamazaki T, Okawa E, Okada K, Abe M. Efficacy and Safety of Pregabalin for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain in Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis. Clin Drug Investig. 2017;37:95-102 pubmed publisher..If adverse effects are carefully monitored and the administered dosage prudently determined, pregabalin can be an effective treatment for peripheral neuropathic pain in patients undergoing hemodialysis. UMIN000023117. ..
- Abe M, Higuchi T, Moriuchi M, Okamura M, Tei R, Nagura C, et al. Efficacy and safety of saxagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, in hemodialysis patients with diabetic nephropathy: A randomized open-label prospective trial. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;116:244-52 pubmed publisher..Saxagliptin (2.5mg/day) was effective and well tolerated when used as monotherapy or combined with other antidiabetic drugs in Japanese hemodialysis patients with type 2 diabetes. UMIN000018445. ..
- Furukawa T, Okada K, Abe M, Tei R, Oikawa O, Maruyama N, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial of Darbepoetin Î± Versus Continuous Erythropoietin Receptor Activator Injected Subcutaneously Once Every Four Weeks in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease at the Pre-Dialysis Stage. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:30181-9 pubmed publisher..However, the results suggest that subcutaneous administration of DA or CERA once every four weeks to predialysis patients has similar effects on achievement of target Hb levels. ..
- Kobayashi H, Abe M, Yoshida Y, Suzuki H, Maruyama N, Okada K. Glycated Albumin versus Glycated Hemoglobin as a Glycemic Indicator in Diabetic Patients on Peritoneal Dialysis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Although GA might underestimate glycemic status, it provided a significantly better measure for estimating glycemic control than HbA1c, even in PD patients. ..
- Higuchi T, Abe M, Yamazaki T, Okawa E, Ando H, Hotta S, et al. Levocarnitine Improves Cardiac Function in Hemodialysis Patients With Left Ventricular Hypertrophy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2016;67:260-70 pubmed publisher..Levocarnitine therapy is useful for hemodialysis patients with carnitine deficiency; these patients may benefit from such therapy, with amelioration of cardiac function and reduction of left ventricular mass index. ..
- Abe M, Maruyama N, Okada K, Matsumoto S, Matsumoto K, Soma M. Effects of lipid-lowering therapy with rosuvastatin on kidney function and oxidative stress in patients with diabetic nephropathy. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2011;18:1018-28 pubmed..0006, R(2)= 0.53). Rosuvastatin administration reduced albuminuria, oxidative stress, and serum cystatin C levels, independent of blood pressure and lipid levels. ..
- Abe M, Okada K, Maruyama N, Matsumoto S, Fuke Y, Fujita T, et al. A case of femoral hemorrhage in a patient with microscopic polyangiitis with low levels of myeloperoxidase-antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2011;15:414-418 pubmed publisher..Thereafter, her renal function improved, and she was discharged. To our knowledge, this is the first report of a case of microscopic polyangiitis accompanied by femoral hemorrhage. ..
- Arimura T, Abe M, Shiga H, Katayama H, Kaizu K, Oda S. Clinical study of blood purification therapy in critical care in Japan: results from the survey research of the Japan Society for Blood Purification in Critical Care in 2013. J Artif Organs. 2017;20:244-251 pubmed publisher..This large-scale cohort study showed the clinical status of BPT in Japan. Further investigations are required to clarify the efficacy of BPT for critically ill patients. ..
- Abe M, Hamano T, Hoshino J, Wada A, Inaba M, Nakai S, et al. Is there a "burnt-out diabetes" phenomenon in patients on hemodialysis?. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017;130:211-220 pubmed publisher..Although the "burnt-out diabetes" phenomenon might be present in 20.7% of patients with diabetes on HD in terms of HbA1c, the rate was significantly decreased to 5.4% in terms of GA. UMIN000018641. ..
- Abe M, Okada K, Maruyama T, Maruyama N, Matsumoto K, Soma M. Relationship between erythropoietin responsiveness, insulin resistance, and malnutrition-inflammation-atherosclerosis (MIA) syndrome in hemodialysis patients with diabetes. Int J Artif Organs. 2011;34:16-25 pubmed..This study aimed to explore the relationship between recombinant human erythropoietin (EPO) responsiveness, insulin resistance, and malnutrition-inflammation-atherosclerosis (MIA) syndrome in hemodialysis patients...
- Abe M, Maruyama N, Suzuki H, Okada K, Soma M. International normalized ratio decreases after hemodialysis treatment in patients treated with warfarin. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2012;60:502-7 pubmed publisher..The INR depletion was therefore dependent on circulating plasma volumes and serum albumin concentrations. Caution should be taken for those HD patients who have absolute indications of anticoagulation therapy with warfarin. ..