- Full-length sequence analysis of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) virus, a mutant of measles virus, isolated from brain tissues of a patient shortly after onset of SSPEHak Hotta
Division of Microbiology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 50:525-34. 2006..Because of the relatively small number of mutations, SSPE-Kobe-1 would be a useful tool to study genetic evolution of SSPE virus...
- [Up-to-date treatment for subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE)]Kenji Nihei
No To Hattatsu 38:138-40. 2006
- Trial of intraventricular ribavirin therapy for subacute sclerosing panencephalitis in JapanAkemi Tomoda
Department of Child Development, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Brain Dev 25:514-7. 2003..Although effectiveness varied among cases, they were all treated safely with intraventricular ribavirin. This study suggests that treatment is safe and well-tolerated...
- Contribution of the interleukin 4 gene to susceptibility to subacute sclerosing panencephalitisTakehiko Inoue
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Arch Neurol 59:822-7. 2002..Although the exact pathogenesis of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) remains to be determined, both viral and host factors seem to be involved...
- [Epidemiologic features of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis from clinical data of patients receiving a public aid for treatment]Yosikazu Nakamura
Department of Public Health, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi
No To Hattatsu 35:316-20. 2003..6 years. Because the data contain some problems, we have to observe the epidemiologic features of SSPE in Japan based on multiple data sources including this one, considering their advantages and disadvantages...
- [Epidemiological aspects of SSPE]Kenji Nihei
Tokyo Nishi Tokushukai Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 65:1460-5. 2007..Future problem will be adult or infant onset of SSPE because of decreasing of anti measles virus titer, SSPE in immunosuppressive state including AIDS or post measles vaccination SSPE...