- Functional diversification of the two C-class MADS box genes OSMADS3 and OSMADS58 in Oryza sativaTakahiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Japan
Plant Cell 18:15-28. 2006..e., the functions regulated by AG have been partially partitioned into two paralogous genes, OSMADS3 and OSMADS58, which were produced by a recent gene duplication event in plant evolution)...
- Genetic framework for flattened leaf blade formation in unifacial leaves of Juncus prismatocarpusTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, 444 8585 Japan
Plant Cell 22:2141-55. 2010..We suggest that flattened unifacial leaf blades may have evolved via the recruitment of DL function, which plays a similar cellular but distinct phenotypic role in monocot bifacial leaves...
- Function and diversification of MADS-box genes in riceTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
ScientificWorldJournal 6:1923-32. 2006..In this review, we summarize the functions of the major subfamilies of the MADS-box genes in rice and discuss their role in the development and evolution of rice flowers and inflorescences...
- Evolutionary and developmental studies of unifacial leaves in monocots: Juncus as a model systemTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Plant Res 123:35-41. 2010..Here we describe the potential of unifacial leaves for evolutionary developmental studies and present our recent approaches to understanding the mechanisms of unifacial leaf development and evolution using Juncus as a model system...
- The YABBY gene DROOPING LEAF regulates carpel specification and midrib development in Oryza sativaTakahiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
Plant Cell 16:500-9. 2004....