- Functional diversification of the two C-class MADS box genes OSMADS3 and OSMADS58 in Oryza sativaTakahiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Plant Cell 18:15-28. 2006..e., the functions regulated by AG have been partially partitioned into two paralogous genes, OSMADS3 and OSMADS58, which were produced by a recent gene duplication event in plant evolution)...
- Genetic framework for flattened leaf blade formation in unifacial leaves of Juncus prismatocarpusTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, 444 8585 Japan
Plant Cell 22:2141-55. 2010..We suggest that flattened unifacial leaf blades may have evolved via the recruitment of DL function, which plays a similar cellular but distinct phenotypic role in monocot bifacial leaves...
- Function and diversification of MADS-box genes in riceTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
ScientificWorldJournal 6:1923-32. 2006..In this review, we summarize the functions of the major subfamilies of the MADS-box genes in rice and discuss their role in the development and evolution of rice flowers and inflorescences...
- Evolutionary and developmental studies of unifacial leaves in monocots: Juncus as a model systemTakahiro Yamaguchi
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Plant Res 123:35-41. 2010..Here we describe the potential of unifacial leaves for evolutionary developmental studies and present our recent approaches to understanding the mechanisms of unifacial leaf development and evolution using Juncus as a model system...
- The YABBY gene DROOPING LEAF regulates carpel specification and midrib development in Oryza sativaTakahiro Yamaguchi
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Plant Cell 16:500-9. 2004....