Affiliation: National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences
- Role of the node in controlling traffic of cadmium, zinc, and manganese in riceNoriko Yamaguchi
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, Tsukuba, 305 8604, Japan
J Exp Bot 63:2729-37. 2012..Our results provide evidence that transport of Cd, Zn, and Mn is differentially controlled in rice nodes, where vascular bundles are functionally interconnected...
- Radiocesium and radioiodine in soil particles agitated by agricultural practices: field observation after the Fukushima nuclear accidentN Yamaguchi
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3, Kan non dai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8604, Japan
Sci Total Environ 425:128-34. 2012..Before tillage, most of the radionuclides accumulated within a few cm of the soil surface. Tillage diluted their concentration in the uppermost soil layer...
- Arsenic release from flooded paddy soils is influenced by speciation, Eh, pH, and iron dissolutionN Yamaguchi
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3, Kan nondai, Tsukuba 305 8505, Japan
Chemosphere 83:925-32. 2011....
- Distribution of uranium in soil components of agricultural fields after long-term application of phosphate fertilizersN Yamaguchi
Soil Environment Division, National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3, Kan nondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
Sci Total Environ 407:1383-90. 2009..Thus, soil organic matter is an important pool of U in upland field and pasture soil, whereas poorly crystalline Fe/Al minerals are important pools of U in paddy soil experiencing alternating changes in redox conditions...
- Inorganic iodine incorporation into soil organic matter: evidence from iodine K-edge X-ray absorption near-edge structureNoriko Yamaguchi
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3 Kan non dai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
J Environ Radioact 101:451-7. 2010..Soil organic matter has the ability to transform inorganic iodine into organoiodine...
- Long-term mobility of fallout 90Sr in ploughed soil, and 90Sr uptake by wheat grainN Yamaguchi
Soil Environment Division, National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3, Kan non dai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8604, Japan
Sci Total Environ 372:595-604. 2007....
- Redox reaction of iodine in paddy soil investigated by field observation and the I K-Edge XANES fingerprinting methodN Yamaguchi
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3 Kan nondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8604, Japan
J Environ Radioact 86:212-26. 2006..Iodine was leached out in soil solution as I(-) under anaerobic conditions, whereas part of the iodine species was retained by soil as I(2) or organoiodine both under anaerobic and aerobic conditions...
- The Eating Disorder Inventory-2 in Japanese clinical and non-clinical samples: psychometric properties and cross-cultural implicationsH Tachikawa
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Eat Weight Disord 9:107-13. 2004..To determine the usefulness of and cross-cultural differences in the Japanese version of the eating disorder inventory-2 (EDI-2)...
- Mobile phone use and acoustic neuroma risk in JapanT Takebayashi
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Occup Environ Med 63:802-7. 2006..To examine the relation between mobile phone use and acoustic neuroma, a case-control study was initiated...
- Traditional Chinese medicine and Kampo: a review from the distant past for the futureF Yu
Department of General Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
J Int Med Res 34:231-9. 2006....
- Serum levels of resistin and adiponectin in women with periodontitis: the Hisayama studyT Saito
Department of Oral Health, Unit of Social Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Nagasaki University, Sakamoto 1 7 1, Nagasaki, 852 8588, Japan
J Dent Res 87:319-22. 2008..It was concluded that an increased serum resistin level in middle-aged Japanese women with periodontitis may affect systemic health...
- Improvement in gastric histology following Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy in Japanese peptic ulcer patientsH Watanabe
Department of Molecular Genetics, Division of Molecular and Diagnostic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Int Med Res 31:362-9. 2003..Gastric mucosal atrophy gradually improved (in addition to improvements in inflammation and neutrophil activity) with successful eradication of H. pylori infection...
- Relationships between cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, the ALDH2 genotype and adenomatous types of colorectal polyps in male self-defense force officialsT Takeshita
Cancer Information and Epidemiology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
J Epidemiol 10:366-71. 2000..The genotype analysis would be useful in evaluating effects of environmental factors on outcomes for each genetically defined subpopulation...
- Characterization of the human nebulette gene: a polymorphism in an actin-binding motif is associated with nonfamilial idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyT Arimura
Department of Molecular Pathogenesis, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Hum Genet 107:440-51. 2000..92-20.29), while this association was not found in familial IDC patients (n=24). These observations suggest that the nebulette polymorphism in the actin-binding motif was a novel genetic marker of susceptibility to nonfamilial IDC...