Affiliation: National Cancer Center
- Yoshida S, Yamashita S, Niwa T, Mori A, Ito S, Ichinose M, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of FAT4 contributes to gastric field cancerization. Gastric Cancer. 2017;20:136-145 pubmed publisher..FAT4 was methylation-silenced in GCs. Its methylation in gastric mucosae was associated with H.Â pylori infection and likely contributed to epigenetic field cancerization. ..
- Maeda M, Moro H, Ushijima T. Mechanisms for the induction of gastric cancer by Helicobacter pylori infection: aberrant DNA methylation pathway. Gastric Cancer. 2017;20:8-15 pubmed publisher..Induction of aberrant DNA methylation is the major pathway by which H. pylori infection induces gastric cancer, and this can be utilized for translational opportunities. ..
- Yamashita S, Iida N, Takeshima H, Hattori N, Maeda M, Kishino T, et al. A novel method to quantify base substitution mutations at the 10-6 per bp level in DNA samples. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:152-158 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that our new method can be used to measure rare base substitution mutations at the 10-6/bp level, and is now ready for a wide range of applications. ..
- Yamashita S, Kishino T, Takahashi T, Shimazu T, Charvat H, Kakugawa Y, et al. Genetic and epigenetic alterations in normal tissues have differential impacts on cancer risk among tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:1328-1333 pubmed publisher..04 in the esophagus and 2.31 in the stomach. The differential impacts among tissues will be critically important for effective cancer prevention and precision cancer risk diagnosis. ..
- Takeshima H, Niwa T, Takahashi T, Wakabayashi M, Yamashita S, Ando T, et al. Frequent involvement of chromatin remodeler alterations in gastric field cancerization. Cancer Lett. 2015;357:328-38 pubmed publisher..These results showed that epigenetic and genetic alterations of chromatin remodelers are induced at an early stage of carcinogenesis and are frequently involved in the formation of a field defect. ..
- Nakamura Y, Hattori N, Iida N, Yamashita S, Mori A, Kimura K, et al. Targeting of super-enhancers and mutant BRAF can suppress growth of BRAF-mutant colon cancer cells via repression of MAPK signaling pathway. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:100-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study indicates the therapeutic potential of targeting of super-enhancers and mutant BRAF in patients with BRAFV600E-mutant colorectal cancer. ..