Affiliation: National Cancer Center
- Hattori N, Ushijima T. Analysis of DNA Methylation in Tissues Exposed to Inflammation. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1725:185-199 pubmed publisher..Methylation-specific PCR (MSP), quantitative MSP, and bisulfite sequencing are widely used, and this chapter provides protocols for bisulfite-mediated conversion, quantitative MSP, and bisulfite sequencing. ..
- Maeda M, Yamashita S, Shimazu T, Iida N, Takeshima H, Nakajima T, et al. Novel epigenetic markers for gastric cancer risk stratification in individuals after Helicobacter pylori eradication. Gastric Cancer. 2018;: pubmed publisher..The methylation levels of our novel markers were not associated with gastric atrophy, gender, or age. Novel epigenetic markers for gastric cancer risk optimized for H. pylori-eradicated individuals were established. ..
- Ushijima T, Yamamoto M, Suzui M, Kuramoto T, Yoshida Y, Nomoto T, et al. Chromosomal mapping of genes controlling development, histological grade, depth of invasion, and size of rat stomach carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2000;60:1092-6 pubmed....
- Yoshida S, Yamashita S, Niwa T, Mori A, Ito S, Ichinose M, et al. Epigenetic inactivation of FAT4 contributes to gastric field cancerization. Gastric Cancer. 2017;20:136-145 pubmed publisher..FAT4 was methylation-silenced in GCs. Its methylation in gastric mucosae was associated with H.Â pylori infection and likely contributed to epigenetic field cancerization. ..
- Hattori N, Ushijima T. Epigenetic impact of infection on carcinogenesis: mechanisms and applications. Genome Med. 2016;8:10 pubmed publisher....
- Maeda M, Moro H, Ushijima T. Mechanisms for the induction of gastric cancer by Helicobacter pylori infection: aberrant DNA methylation pathway. Gastric Cancer. 2017;20:8-15 pubmed publisher..Induction of aberrant DNA methylation is the major pathway by which H. pylori infection induces gastric cancer, and this can be utilized for translational opportunities. ..
- Yamashita S, Iida N, Takeshima H, Hattori N, Maeda M, Kishino T, et al. A novel method to quantify base substitution mutations at the 10-6 per bp level in DNA samples. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:152-158 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that our new method can be used to measure rare base substitution mutations at the 10-6/bp level, and is now ready for a wide range of applications. ..
- Yamashita S, Kishino T, Takahashi T, Shimazu T, Charvat H, Kakugawa Y, et al. Genetic and epigenetic alterations in normal tissues have differential impacts on cancer risk among tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:1328-1333 pubmed publisher..04 in the esophagus and 2.31 in the stomach. The differential impacts among tissues will be critically important for effective cancer prevention and precision cancer risk diagnosis. ..
- Takeshima H, Niwa T, Takahashi T, Wakabayashi M, Yamashita S, Ando T, et al. Frequent involvement of chromatin remodeler alterations in gastric field cancerization. Cancer Lett. 2015;357:328-338 pubmed publisher..These results showed that epigenetic and genetic alterations of chromatin remodelers are induced at an early stage of carcinogenesis and are frequently involved in the formation of a field defect. ..
- Nakamura Y, Hattori N, Iida N, Yamashita S, Mori A, Kimura K, et al. Targeting of super-enhancers and mutant BRAF can suppress growth of BRAF-mutant colon cancer cells via repression of MAPK signaling pathway. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:100-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study indicates the therapeutic potential of targeting of super-enhancers and mutant BRAF in patients with BRAFV600E-mutant colorectal cancer. ..