Affiliation: National Cancer Center
- Oxidative and nitrative stress caused by subcutaneous implantation of a foreign body accelerates sarcoma development in Trp53+/- miceHiroshi Tazawa
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 Cours Albert Thomas 69008 Lyon, France
Carcinogenesis 28:191-8. 2007..Such implant-induced sarcoma development in Trp53+/- mice could be useful for studying molecular mechanisms and developing new strategies for chemoprevention in human carcinogenesis induced by chronic inflammation and/or foreign bodies...
- Increased risk of intestinal type of gastric adenocarcinoma in Japanese women associated with long forms of CCTTT pentanucleotide repeat in the inducible nitric oxide synthase promoterMasayuki Tatemichi
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cancer Lett 217:197-202. 2005..Our results imply that chronic inflammation caused by excess nitric oxide generated by iNOS contributes to Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric cancer...
- Suppression of thymic lymphomas and increased nonthymic lymphomagenesis in Trp53-deficient mice lacking inducible nitric oxide synthase geneMasayuki Tatemichi
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 111:819-28. 2004..While iNOS may have protective effects against nonthymic lymphomagenesis, the regulation of cytokine production by iNOS may be involved in the underlying mechanism of antilymphomagenesis effects in the peripheral lymphoid organ...
- Prevention of human cancer by modulation of chronic inflammatory processesHiroshi Ohshima
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Mutat Res 591:110-22. 2005..Better understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which chronic inflammation increases cancer risk will lead to further development of new strategies for cancer prevention at many sites...
- Infiltration of neutrophils is required for acquisition of metastatic phenotype of benign murine fibrosarcoma cells: implication of inflammation-associated carcinogenesis and tumor progressionHiroshi Tazawa
Divisions of Cancer Pathobiology and Cancer-Related Genes Research, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:2221-32. 2003..These results suggested that inflammation, especially when neutrophils infiltrate into tumor tissue, is primarily important for benign tumor cells to acquire metastatic phenotype...
- Involvement of reactive nitrogen oxides for acquisition of metastatic properties of benign tumors in a model of inflammation-based tumor progressionFutoshi Okada
Department of Biomolecular Function, Graduate School of Medical Science, Yamagata University, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Nitric Oxide 14:122-9. 2006..These results showed that nitric oxide and its reactive nitrogen oxide species cooperatively play a pivotal role in the progression of benign tumor cells in inflamed lesions...
- Thymosin-beta4 regulates motility and metastasis of malignant mouse fibrosarcoma cellsTokushige Kobayashi
Division of Cancer Pathobiology, Research Section of Pathophysiology, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Pathol 160:869-82. 2002..These findings indicate that thymosin-beta4 molecule regulates fibrosarcoma cell tumorigenicity and metastasis through actin-based cytoskeletal organization...
- The role of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species in the acquisition of metastatic ability of tumor cellsFutoshi Okada
Department of Biomolecular Function, Graduate School of Medical Science, Yamagata University, 2 2 2, Iidanishi, Yamagata 990 9585 Japan
Am J Pathol 169:294-302. 2006....
- Lipopolysaccharide induces aberrant hypermethylation of Hic-1 in mouse embryonic fibroblasts lacking p53 geneMasayuki Tatemichi
Department of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Showa University, School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2101-8. 2008....