Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Location: Tsukuba, Japan
- Tani H, Mizutani R, Salam K, Tano K, Ijiri K, Wakamatsu A, et al. Genome-wide determination of RNA stability reveals hundreds of short-lived noncoding transcripts in mammals. Genome Res. 2012;22:947-56 pubmed publisher..We propose that the strategy of monitoring RNA half-life will provide a powerful tool for investigating hitherto functionally uncharacterized regulatory RNAs. ..
- Yamashita A, Salam K, Furuta A, Matsuda Y, Fujita O, Tani H, et al. Inhibition of hepatitis C virus replication and viral helicase by ethyl acetate extract of the marine feather star Alloeocomatella polycladia. Mar Drugs. 2012;10:744-61 pubmed publisher..polycladia can inhibit HCV replication by suppressing the helicase activity of HCV NS3. This study may present a new approach toward the development of a novel therapy for chronic hepatitis C...
- Tani H, Akimitsu N. Genome-wide technology for determining RNA stability in mammalian cells: historical perspective and recent advantages based on modified nucleotide labeling. RNA Biol. 2012;9:1233-8 pubmed publisher..This review describes the recent progress of experimental procedures for measuring RNA stability. ..
- Tani H, Imamachi N, Salam K, Mizutani R, Ijiri K, Irie T, et al. Identification of hundreds of novel UPF1 target transcripts by direct determination of whole transcriptome stability. RNA Biol. 2012;9:1370-9 pubmed publisher..Many UPF1 targets in this study were newly identified. This study clearly demonstrates that direct determination of RNA stability is a powerful approach for identifying targets of RNA degradation factors. ..
- Tani H, Kanagawa T, Kurata S, Teramura T, Nakamura K, Tsuneda S, et al. Quantitative method for specific nucleic acid sequences using competitive polymerase chain reaction with an alternately binding probe. Anal Chem. 2007;79:974-9 pubmed..Moreover, ABC-PCR was able to correctly quantify DNA even when PCR was inhibited by humic acid; therefore, this method will enable accurate DNA quantification for biological samples that contain PCR inhibitors. ..
- Salam K, Furuta A, Noda N, Tsuneda S, Sekiguchi Y, Yamashita A, et al. Inhibition of hepatitis C virus NS3 helicase by manoalide. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:650-4 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that 1 inhibits the ATPase, RNA binding, and helicase activities of NS3 by targeting the helicase core domain conserved in both HCV NS3 and DHX36/RHAU. ..
- Morishita S, Tani H, Kurata S, Nakamura K, Tsuneda S, Sekiguchi Y, et al. Real-time reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification for rapid and simple quantification of WT1 mRNA. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:515-20 pubmed..RT-LAMP can be used to determine WT1 mRNA expression levels. This assay will contribute to a more specific, simple, and rapid MRD monitoring than conventional assays. ..
- Noda N, Tani H, Morita N, Kurata S, Nakamura K, Kanagawa T, et al. Estimation of single-nucleotide polymorphism allele frequency by alternately binding probe competitive polymerase chain reaction. Anal Chim Acta. 2008;608:211-6 pubmed publisher..When the allele frequencies were more than 5%, the relative standard deviations (R.S.D.s) of ABC-PCR were less than 20%. Moreover, we also confirmed that this method was applicable to SNP genotyping. ..
- Tani H, Teramura T, Adachi K, Tsuneda S, Kurata S, Nakamura K, et al. Technique for quantitative detection of specific DNA sequences using alternately binding quenching probe competitive assay combined with loop-mediated isothermal amplification. Anal Chem. 2007;79:5608-13 pubmed
- Tani H, Takeshita J, Aoki H, Abe R, Toyoda A, Endo Y, et al. Genome-wide gene expression analysis of mouse embryonic stem cells exposed to p-dichlorobenzene. J Biosci Bioeng. 2016;122:329-33 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results indicate that three novel lncRNAs (Snora41, Gm19947, and Scarna3a) in mESCs respond to p-DCB exposure. We propose that these lncRNAs have the potential to be surrogate indicators of p-DCB responses in mESCs. ..
- Tani H, Torimura M. Identification of short-lived long non-coding RNAs as surrogate indicators for chemical stress response. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:547-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that these long ncRNAs have the potential to be surrogate indicators of cellular stress responses. ..
- Maekawa S, Imamachi N, Irie T, Tani H, Matsumoto K, Mizutani R, et al. Analysis of RNA decay factor mediated RNA stability contributions on RNA abundance. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:154 pubmed publisher..In addition, RNA stability is an important determinant of eventual transcript levels. RNA binding proteins, such as UPF1, STAU1 and EXOSC5 may play active roles in such controls. ..
- Tani H, Sato H, Torimura M. Rapid monitoring of RNA degradation activity in vivo for mammalian cells. J Biosci Bioeng. 2017;123:523-527 pubmed publisher..We propose that this assay will be useful for monitoring cellular toxicity in high-throughput applications. ..
- Hermawan I, Furuta A, Higashi M, Fujita Y, Akimitsu N, Yamashita A, et al. Four Aromatic Sulfates with an Inhibitory Effect against HCV NS3 Helicase from the Crinoid Alloeocomatella polycladia. Mar Drugs. 2017;15: pubmed publisher..The aromatic sulfates 1-4 showed moderate inhibition against NS3 helicase with IC50 values of 71, 95, 7, and 5 Î¼M, respectively. ..