Affiliation: National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences
- Genetic mapping of quantitative trait loci affecting body weight, egg character and egg production in F2 intercross chickensO Sasaki
Department of Animal Breeding and Reproduction, National Institute of Livestock and Grassland Science, Tsukuba 305 0901, Japan
Anim Genet 35:188-94. 2004..A significant QTL on the Z chromosome was linked with age at first egg. Significant QTL could account for 6-19% of the phenotypic variance in the F2 population...
- Polymorphic microRNA-target interactions: a novel source of phenotypic variationM Georges
Unit of Animal Genomics, Department of Animal Production, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and CBIG, University of Liège B43, Liege, Belgium
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 71:343-50. 2006..To facilitate studies along those lines, we have constructed a database (www.patrocles.org) listing putative polymorphic microRNA-target interactions...
- Gene organization of bovine BCNT that contains a portion corresponding to an endonuclease domain derived from an RTE-1 (Bov-B LINE), non-LTR retrotransposable element: duplication of an intramolecular repeat unit downstream of the truncated RTE-1S Iwashita
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, 194 8511, Tokyo, Japan
Gene 268:59-66. 2001..These results suggest that a truncated bovine RTE-1 was inserted into the intron upstream of an IR unit of an ancestor bcnt gene and that a duplication of a relatively long region that includes IR occurred in the bovine genome...
- A novel sox gene, 226D7, acts downstream of Nodal signaling to specify endoderm precursors in zebrafishT Sakaguchi
Division of Early Embryogenesis, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima 411-8540, Shizuoka, Japan
Mech Dev 107:25-38. 2001..Taken together, our data demonstrate that 226D7 is a downstream target of Nodal signal and a critical transcriptional regulator of early endoderm formation...
- Examination of several potential mechanisms for the negative outcome in a clinical stroke trial of enlimomab, a murine anti-human intercellular adhesion molecule-1 antibody: a bedside-to-bench studyK Furuya
Stroke Branch, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Stroke 32:2665-74. 2001..These observations provide several possible mechanisms for central nervous system-related clinical deterioration that occurred when Enlimomab was given in acute ischemic stroke...
- Large-scale isolation of ESTs from medaka embryos and its application to medaka developmental geneticsT Kimura
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Mech Dev 121:915-32. 2004..These resources will accelerate medaka mutant analyses and make an important contribution to the medaka genome project...
- Toward molecular understanding of polar overdominance at the ovine callipyge locusM Georges
Department of Genetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liège B43, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 69:477-83. 2004