Affiliation: National Institute of Radiological Sciences
- Phase 1 trial of preoperative, short-course carbon-ion radiotherapy for patients with resectable pancreatic cancerMakoto Shinoto
Hospital of Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences Chiba, Japan
Cancer 119:45-51. 2013....
- Clinical results of definitive chemoradiotherapy for patients with synchronous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and esophageal cancerMakoto Shinoto
Department of Radiology, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Clin Oncol 34:362-6. 2011..To assess the efficacy and toxicity of radical chemoradiotherapy for patients with synchronous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) and esophageal cancer (EC)...
- Postoperative radiotherapy in patients with salivary duct carcinoma: clinical outcomes and prognostic factorsMakoto Shinoto
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:925-30. 2013..It might be advisable to have the CTV include the cranial nerves involved and the corresponding parts of the skull base in cases of pathologically positive perineural invasion. ..
- Usefulness of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography as predictor of distant metastasis in preoperative carbon-ion radiotherapy for pancreatic cancerMakoto Shinoto
Ion Beam Therapy Center, SAGA HIMAT Foundation, Tosu, Japan, 415 Harakoga machi, Tosu, 841 0071, Japan
Anticancer Res 33:5579-84. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of FDG-PET regarding the indication of preoperative carbon-ion radiotherapy (CIRT) for pancreatic cancer patients...
- Prediction of outcome with FDG-PET in definitive chemoradiotherapy for esophageal cancerKazushige Atsumi
Department of Radiology, Kyushu University Beppu Hospital, 4546 Tsurumihara, Tsurumi, Beppu, Oita, 874 0838, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:890-8. 2013..05). Our result suggests that the SUVmax in FDG-PET of the primary tumor before treatment may have prognostic value for esophageal cancer...
- Carbon ion radiotherapy: clinical experiences at National Institute of Radiological Science (NIRS)Tohru Okada
Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Inage, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Radiat Res 51:355-64. 2010..This means that carbon ion radiotherapy can offer treatment for larger numbers of patients than is possible with other modalities over the same time period...