Affiliation: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Desorption/ionization efficiency of peptides containing disulfide bonds in matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometryYasushi Shigeri
Health Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka, Japan
Anal Sci 28:295-9. 2012..These results imply that a rigid structure of peptides formed by disulfide bonds does not correlate with desorption/ionization efficiency in MALDI-MS...
- [Pharmacology of inhibitory amino acid transporters (GABA transporters and glycine transporters)]Yasushi Shigeri
Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi 127:279-87. 2006
- [Pharmacology of excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs and VGLUTs)]Yasushi Shigeri
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka, Japan
Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi 122:253-64. 2003..In this review, the development of new compounds to regulate the function of VGLUTs and EAATs will be described...
- [Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase signaling: regulatory mechanisms for switching on/off and their involvement in the pathogenesis of various diseases]Yasushi Shigeri
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 53:1360-7. 2008
- Decomposition of intact chicken feathers by a thermophile in combination with an acidulocomposting garbage-treatment processYasushi Shigeri
Health Technology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:2519-21. 2009....
- Synthesis and application of caged peptides and proteinsY Shigeri
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 8 31 Midorigaoka, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
Pharmacol Ther 91:85-92. 2001..In this review, we summarize recent advances made in the design, preparation, and application of caged peptides and proteins...
- Effects of threo-beta-hydroxyaspartate derivatives on excitatory amino acid transporters (EAAT4 and EAAT5)Y Shigeri
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka, Japan
J Neurochem 79:297-302. 2001..These results indicate that EAATs 4 and 5 show different sensitivities to THA analogs although they share properties of a glutamate-gated chloride channel...
- Molecular pharmacology of glutamate transporters, EAATs and VGLUTsYasushi Shigeri
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1 8 31 Midorigaoka, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 45:250-65. 2004..This review summarizes the development of these indispensable pharmacological tools, which have been critical to our understanding of normal and abnormal synaptic transmission...
- Syntheses of optically pure beta-hydroxyaspartate derivatives as glutamate transporter blockersK Shimamoto
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Wakayamadai, Mishima, Osaka, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 10:2407-10. 2000..We also synthesized the substituent variants (methyl or naphthylmethyl derivatives) of L-TBOA. The results obtained here suggest that bulky substituents are crucial for non-transportable blockers...
- Two forms of secreted and thermostable luciferases from the marine copepod crustacean, Metridia pacificaYasuhiro Takenaka
Health Technology Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 16 1 Onogawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8569, Japan
Gene 425:28-35. 2008..Continuous monitoring of secreted MpLuc1 driven by the c-fos promoter demonstrated the potential usefulness of MpLuc1 in nondisruptive reporter assays...
- Effective detection of peptides containing cysteine sulfonic acid using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization and laser desorption/ionization on porous silicon mass spectrometryTomoya Kinumi
Human Stress Signal Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
J Mass Spectrom 41:103-12. 2006....
- A potent nonpeptide neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor antagonist, a benzodiazepine derivativeY Shigeri
Shionogi Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Life Sci 63:PL 151-60. 1998..We conclude that Compound 1 is a useful molecule not only for studying the physiological role of neuropeptide Y but also for exploring more specific Y1 receptor antagonists...
- [Excitatory amino acid transporters: development of regulatory molecules for their functional analysis]Yasushi Shigeri
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST, 1-8-31 Midorigaoka, Ikeda, Osaka 563-8577, Japan
Seikagaku 75:288-92. 2003
- High-energy electron transfer dissociation (HE-ETD) using alkali metal targets for sequence analysis of post-translational peptidesShigeo Hayakawa
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Osaka Prefecture University, Sakai, Osaka, Japan
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 21:1482-9. 2010....
- Cytoplasmic polyadenylation element binding protein-dependent protein synthesis is regulated by calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIColeen M Atkins
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Neurosci 24:5193-201. 2004..These results demonstrate that CPEB phosphorylation and translation are regulated by CaMKII activity and provide a possible mechanism for how dendritic protein synthesis in the hippocampus may be stimulated during synaptic plasticity...
- Characterization of novel L-threo-beta-benzyloxyaspartate derivatives, potent blockers of the glutamate transportersKeiko Shimamoto
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1, Wakayamadai, Shimamoto cho, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8503, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 65:1008-15. 2004..Taken together, these findings indicate that novel TBOA analogs, especially TFB-TBOA, should serve as useful tools for elucidating the physiological roles of the glutamate transporters...
- Characterization of the tritium-labeled analog of L-threo-beta-benzyloxyaspartate binding to glutamate transportersKeiko Shimamoto
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, 1 1 1, Wakayamadai, Mishima gun, Osaka 618 8503, USA
Mol Pharmacol 71:294-302. 2007..The rank order of inhibition by these compounds was consistent with glutamate uptake assay results reported previously. Thus, the [3H]ETB-TBOA binding assay will be useful to screen novel EAAT ligands for all EAAT subtypes...
- Integrins are involved in synaptogenesis, cell spreading, and adhesion in the postnatal brainIrina Nikonenko
Department of Pharmacology, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1211 4, Geneva, Switzerland
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 140:185-94. 2003..The results demonstrate that integrins markedly affect postnatal CNS development, in both ultrastructural construction and organizational processes...
- Protein phosphatases that regulate multifunctional Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases: from biochemistry to pharmacologyAtsuhiko Ishida
Department of Biochemistry, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, 078 8510, Japan
Pharmacol Ther 100:291-305. 2003....
- Inhibitors of the Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase phosphatase family (CaMKP and CaMKP-N)Noriyuki Sueyoshi
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Ikenobe 2393, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:715-21. 2007....
- Recent advances in technologies for analyzing protein kinasesAtsuhiko Ishida
Department of Biochemistry, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 103:5-11. 2007..In this review, we briefly summarize the technologies to detect or characterize protein kinases with special emphasis on recently developed and/or commercially available techniques...
- Knockdown of nuclear Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase phosphatase causes developmental abnormalities in zebrafishTakaki Nimura
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 457:205-16. 2007..A number of apoptotic cells were observed in brain and spinal cord of the abnormal embryos. These results suggest that zCaMKP-N plays a crucial role in the early development of zebrafish...
- Mutational analysis of Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase phosphatase (CaMKP)Yukiyo Tada
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Ikenobe 2393, Miki-cho, Kagawa 761-0795, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 452:174-85. 2006..The results suggested that the N- and C-terminal sequences of CaMKP are essential for the regulation and stability of CaMKP...
- Lactococcin Q, a novel two-peptide bacteriocin produced by Lactococcus lactis QU 4Takeshi Zendo
Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Division of Microbial Science and Technology, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, 6-10-1 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3383-9. 2006..The MIC of Qalpha plus Gbeta was 32 times higher than that of Qalpha plus Qbeta, suggesting that the difference in beta peptides was important for the intensity of antibacterial activity...
- Generation and application of a monoclonal antibody that detects a wide variety of protein tyrosine kinasesYasunori Sugiyama
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Japan
Anal Biochem 347:112-20. 2005..These results suggest that the YK34 antibody will be a powerful tool for analysis of a variety of cellular PTKs...
- Generation of a polyclonal antibody that simultaneously detects multiple Ser/Thr protein kinasesIsamu Kameshita
Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Life Sciences, Kagawa University, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
J Biochem Biophys Methods 60:13-22. 2004..The present anti-peptide antibody with a broad spectrum of cross-reactivity to multiple protein kinases may be a powerful tool for comprehensive analysis focused on protein kinases...