- SV40 vectors carrying minimal sequence of viral origin with exchangeable capsids
National Institute for Longevity Sciences, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Virology 379:110-7. 2008
..This method can be used to develop a surrogate system to study the functions of capsid proteins of polyomaviruses and to generate a set of polyomaviral vectors targeted at specific cell types...
- An SV40 mutant defective in VP4 expression exhibits a temperature-sensitive growth defect
National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Virus Res 157:116-20. 2011
..The results indicate that tsD mutation in minor capsid proteins has a more profound impact on viral propagation, and that lack of VP4 ORF seems to have little influence on viral growth...
- Initiation of human astrovirus type 1 infection was blocked by inhibitors of phosphoinositide 3-kinase
Section of Gene Therapy, Department of Aging Intervention, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, 35, Gengo, Morioka, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
Virol J 10:153. 2013
..Recent studies showed that activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2) is important for HAstV infection, though the involvement of other signaling cascades remains unclear...
- Mutational analysis of the carboxyl-terminal region of the SV40 major capsid protein VP1
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8503, Japan
J Biochem 141:279-86. 2007
..By understanding how to alter VLP sizes and shapes contributes to the development of drug delivery systems using VLPs...
- Minor capsid proteins of simian virus 40 are dispensable for nucleocapsid assembly and cell entry but are required for nuclear entry of the viral genome
Molecular Biology Institute and Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, 456 Boyer Hall, University of California, Los Angeles, 611 East Charles E Young Dr, Box 951570, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Virol 81:3778-85. 2007
..Further, the nucleocapsids' ability to enter cells implies that Vp1 contains the major determinants for cell attachment and entry. We propose that the major role of Vp2/3 in infectivity is to mediate the nuclear entry of viral DNA...
- Molecular dissection of nuclear entry-competent SV40 during infection
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Virus Res 124:226-30. 2007
..All these results suggest that once SV40 enters the cytoplasm, it undergoes an architectural modification that exposes the virion's NLSs for nuclear entry...
- Identification of amino acid residues within simian virus 40 capsid proteins Vp1, Vp2, and Vp3 that are required for their interaction and for viral infection
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles, 611 East Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Virol 80:8891-8. 2006
..Our results defined the residues of Vp1 and the minor capsid proteins that are essential for both the interaction of the capsid proteins and viral viability in permissive cells...
- The VP2/VP3 minor capsid protein of simian virus 40 promotes the in vitro assembly of the major capsid protein VP1 into particles
Masa aki Kawano
Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8503, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:10164-73. 2006
..These results are relevant for controlling recombinant capsid formation in vitro, which is potentially useful for the in vitro development of SV40 virus vectors...
- Pairs of Vp1 cysteine residues essential for simian virus 40 infection
Peggy P Li
Molecular Biology Institute, 456 Boyer Hall, University of California at Los Angeles, 611 East Charles E Young Dr, Box 951570, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Virol 79:3859-64. 2005
- Interaction of the Vp3 nuclear localization signal with the importin alpha 2/beta heterodimer directs nuclear entry of infecting simian virus 40
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 76:9368-77. 2002
- Formation of transitory intrachain and interchain disulfide bonds accompanies the folding and oligomerization of simian virus 40 Vp1 in the cytoplasm
Peggy P Li
Molecular Biology Institute and Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, 405 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1353-8. 2002
..Such disulfide dynamics may be a general phenomenon for other cysteine-bearing mammalian proteins that fold in the cytoplasm...