Affiliation: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Protein disulfide isomerase-P5, down-regulated in the final stage of boar epididymal sperm maturation, catalyzes disulfide formation to inhibit protein function in oxidative refolding of reduced denatured lysozymeKuniko Akama
Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:1272-84. 2010..These results provide a molecular basis and insights into the physiological roles of PDIA3 and PDI-P5 in sperm maturation and fertilization...
- The stress response against denatured proteins in the deletion of cytosolic chaperones SSA1/2 is different from heat-shock response in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRena Matsumoto
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Inage, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
BMC Genomics 6:141. 2005..We investigated the genomic response at the level of mRNA expression to the deletion of SSA1/2 in comparison with the mild heat-shocked wild-type using cDNA microarray...
- Search for novel stress-responsive protein components using a yeast mutant lacking two cytosolic Hsp70 genes, SSA1 and SSA2Rena Matsumoto
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Mol Cells 21:381-8. 2006..These results indicate that the cytosolic Hsp70s, Ssa1p and Ssa2p, regulate an abundance of proteins mainly involved in stress responses and protein synthesis...
- How to make mapping images of biological specimens--data collection and image processingKazuhiro Aoyama
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, International Patent Organism Depositary, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Electron Microsc (Tokyo) 51:257-63. 2002..Merged phosphorus-mapping images of ultra-thin slices of yeast cells were made. In these images, ribosome particles and DNA in the nucleus were observed clearly. The merging was very useful for improving the quality of mapping images...
- Comparative analysis of transcriptional responses to the cryoprotectants, dimethyl sulfoxide and trehalose, which confer tolerance to freeze-thaw stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYuko Momose
International Patent Organism Depositary, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Cryobiology 60:245-61. 2010..This study supported that exposure to cryoprotectants prior to freezing not only reduce the freeze-thaw damage but also provide various process to the recovery from freeze-thaw damage...
- Genome-wide expression analysis of yeast response during exposure to 4 degrees CYoshinori Murata
International Patent Organism Depositary, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science Technology, Central 6, Tsukuba, Japan
Extremophiles 10:117-28. 2006..The genes with these functions may provide the ability of cold tolerance and adaptation to yeast cells...
- Exploring novel function of yeast Ssa1/2p by quantitative profiling proteomics using NanoESI-LC-MS/MSRena Matsumoto
International Patent Organism Depositary IPOD, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Central 6, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba 305 8566, Japan
J Proteome Res 6:3465-74. 2007..Moreover, we found the proteins related to chromosomal control were up-regulated in ssa1/2 mutant, a novel finding of this study, suggesting that the Ssa1/2p might contribute to chromosomal control...