Affiliation: National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Penicillin biosynthesis in Aspergillus oryzae and its overproduction by genetic engineeringJunichiro Marui
Research Institute for Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Higashi 1 1 1, AIST Tsukuba Central 6, Tsukuba 305 8566, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 110:8-11. 2010..Overexpression of the biosynthetic genes by a strong promoter yielded a greater than 100-fold increase in penicillin production...
- [Genome sequencing of Aspergillus oryzae]Masayuki Machida
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 51:452-6. 2006
- Genome sequencing and analysis of Aspergillus oryzaeMasayuki Machida
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Higashi 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Nature 438:1157-61. 2005..Specific expansion of genes for secretory hydrolytic enzymes, amino acid metabolism and amino acid/sugar uptake transporters supports the idea that A. oryzae is an ideal microorganism for fermentation...
- Genomics of industrial Aspergilli and comparison with toxigenic relativesMasayuki Machida
Research Institute of Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technologies, Central 6, 1 1, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 25:1147-51. 2008..Expression analysis by the DNA microarray supported the significantly lower expression of genes on the non-syntenic than on the syntenic blocks...
- Genomics of Aspergillus oryzae: learning from the history of Koji mold and exploration of its futureMasayuki Machida
Research Institute for Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Central 6, 1 1, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
DNA Res 15:173-83. 2008..oryzae. Genomic analysis in concert with traditional knowledge and technology will continue to be powerful tools in the future exploration of A. oryzae...
- Kojic acid biosynthesis in Aspergillus oryzae is regulated by a Zn(II)(2)Cys(6) transcriptional activator and induced by kojic acid at the transcriptional levelJunichiro Marui
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, AIST Tsukuba Central 6, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 112:40-3. 2011..We determined that the gene was essential for KA production and the transcriptional activation of KA biosynthetic genes, which were triggered by the addition of KA...
- Transcriptional regulation of genes on the non-syntenic blocks of Aspergillus oryzae and its functional relationship to solid-state cultivationKoichi Tamano
Research Institute for Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Central 6, Higashi 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Fungal Genet Biol 45:139-51. 2008..These results strongly suggest that the genes on NSBs play an important role on solid-state fermentation...
- Identification and characterization of genes responsible for biosynthesis of kojic acid, an industrially important compound from Aspergillus oryzaeYasunobu Terabayashi
Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Higashi 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Fungal Genet Biol 47:953-61. 2010..These two genes are closely associated in the genome, showing typical characteristics of genes involved in secondary metabolism...
- A novel vector for positive selection of inserts harboring an open reading frame by translational couplingSumiko Ohashi-Kunihiro
Research Institute for Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biotechniques 43:751-2, 754. 2007..Our method differs from previous methods in that the marker gene is activated without protein fusion, and that selection occurs irrespective of the reading frame of the insert...
- The beta-1,3-exoglucanase gene exgA (exg1) of Aspergillus oryzae is required to catabolize extracellular glucan, and is induced in growth on a solid surfaceKoichi Tamano
Research Institute for Cell Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:926-34. 2007..These data suggest that ExgA plays a role in beta-glucan utilization, but is not much involved in cell wall beta-glucan remodeling...
- A polymerase chain reaction-based method for cloning novel members of a gene family using a combination of degenerate and inhibitory primersSumiko Kunihiro
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Central 6, 1-1, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
Gene 289:177-84. 2002....
- Comparative genome analysis between Aspergillus oryzae strains reveals close relationship between sites of mutation localization and regions of highly divergent genes among Aspergillus speciesMyco Umemura
Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Higashi Nijo 17 2 1, Tsukisamu, Sapporo, Hokkaido 062 8517, Japan
DNA Res 19:375-82. 2012..Our findings suggest that the high mutation frequency of NSBs might contribute to maintaining the diversity of the A. oryzae genome...
- Affinity selection of DNA-binding proteins from yeast genomic DNA libraries by improved lambda phage display vectorHiroko Hagiwara
Research Center for Glycoscience, Advanced Institute of Industrial Science and Technology, Central Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
J Biochem (Tokyo) 132:975-82. 2002..This result clearly indicates that the modified lambda phage display vector in combination with our enrichment technique has great potential for the enrichment of DNA-binding proteins in a sequence-specific manner...
- Genome Sequence of the Basidiomycetous Yeast Pseudozyma antarctica T-34, a Producer of the Glycolipid Biosurfactants Mannosylerythritol LipidsTomotake Morita
Research Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Chemistry, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Genome Announc 1:e0006413. 2013..antarctica for industrial applications...
- Increased production of fatty acids and triglycerides in Aspergillus oryzae by enhancing expressions of fatty acid synthesis-related genesKoichi Tamano
Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 2 17 2 1 Tsukisamu Higashi, Toyohira ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 062 8517, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:269-81. 2013..Our data demonstrate that a simple increase in the abundance of fatty acid synthase genes can increase the detectable amount of fatty acids...
- Directed evolution of a three-finger neurotoxin by using cDNA display yields antagonists as well as agonists of interleukin-6 receptor signalingMohammed Naimuddin
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Mol Brain 4:2. 2011..3F proteins are small (~7 kDa), structurally well defined, thermally stable and resistant to proteolysis that presents them as promising candidates for directed evolution...
- System-level identification of transcriptional circuits underlying mammalian circadian clocksHiroki R Ueda
Molecular Medicine Laboratories, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
Nat Genet 37:187-92. 2005..Our analysis further suggests that regulation of E/E' boxes is a topological vulnerability in mammalian circadian clocks, a concept that has been functionally verified using in vitro phenotype assay systems...
- Construction of a positive selection marker by a lethal gene with the amber stop codon(s) regulatorSumiko Ohashi-Kunihiro
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:119-25. 2006..The marker was also successfully applied to lambda phage display vector...
- Progress of Aspergillus oryzae genomicsMasayuki Machida
Research Center for Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Central 6, 1-1, Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8566, Japan
Adv Appl Microbiol 51:81-106. 2002
- A simple and reliable method for the detection of sialylation in complex/hybrid-type carbohydrate chains of glycoproteins by mixed lectinsJun Natsuki
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Central 6, Higashi 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:225-30. 2006..The reaction with the two lectins can be performed in a single tube and readily automated taking advantage of the use of paramagnetic beads...
- Improvement of the lectin-antibody enzyme immunoassay of the alphafetoprotein carbohydrate chain for automation with the enzyme immunoassay robotKoichi Tamano
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:1616-9. 2005..This indicates that the improved method is potentially applicable to the automated enzyme immunoassay robot...
- Analysis of expressed sequence tags from the fungus Aspergillus oryzae cultured under different conditionsTakeshi Akao
National Research Institute of Brewing, 3 7 1 Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima 739 0046, Japan
DNA Res 14:47-57. 2007..In addition, contig sequences were compared with sequence sets in eukaryotic orthologous groups (KOGs), and classified into the KOG functional categories...
- Genomic sequence of the pathogenic and allergenic filamentous fungus Aspergillus fumigatusWilliam C Nierman
The Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Nature 438:1151-6. 2005..The Af293 genome sequence provides an unparalleled resource for the future understanding of this remarkable fungus...
- Genomics of Aspergillus oryzaeTetsuo Kobayashi
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:646-70. 2007..oryzae genome. Besides the various already established merits of A. oryzae for industrial uses, the genome sequence and the abundance of metabolic genes should significantly accelerate the biotechnological use of A. oryzae in industry...
- Impact of Aspergillus oryzae genomics on industrial production of metabolitesKeietsu Abe
Laboratory of Enzymology, Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, 981 8555, Japan
Mycopathologia 162:143-53. 2006..This article describes recent progress of A . oryzae genomics and its impact on industrial production of enzymes, metabolites, and bioprocesses...
- Sequencing of Aspergillus nidulans and comparative analysis with A. fumigatus and A. oryzaeJames E Galagan
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 320 Charles Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 438:1105-15. 2005..These results enhance our understanding of these widely studied fungi as well as provide new insight into eukaryotic genome evolution and gene regulation...
- Transcriptional analysis of genes for energy catabolism and hydrolytic enzymes in the filamentous fungus Aspergillus oryzae using cDNA microarrays and expressed sequence tagsHiroshi Maeda
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1-1 Amamiya, Tsutsumi-dori, 981-8555 Sendai, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 65:74-83. 2004..The low expression levels of catabolic genes in the wheat-bran culture may release catabolite repression, consequently leading to the rich expression profiles of the hydrolytic enzymes...
- Improvement of the Aspergillus oryzae enolase promoter (P-enoA) by the introduction of cis-element repeatsHirokazu Tsuboi
General Research Laboratory, Ozeki Corporation, Hyogo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:206-8. 2005..The transformant harboring seven copies of the novel vector showed more than 100,000 U/mg GUS protein, which was approximately 30% of all the cell-free soluble proteins...
- Purification and characterization of a biodegradable plastic-degrading enzyme from Aspergillus oryzaeHiroshi Maeda
Tohoku Technoarch, 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8577, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:778-88. 2005..Determination of the affinities for different chemicals indicated that the most preferred substrate for the enzyme would consist of butyric acid and n-hexanol...
- Deletion analysis of the superoxide dismutase (sodM) promoter from Aspergillus oryzaeHiromoto Hisada
Research Institute, Gekkeikan Sake Co Ltd 101 Shimotoba koyanagi cho, Fushimi ku, Kyoto, 612 8361, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:1048-53. 2006..To confirm these findings, we constructed enhanced sodM promoters by incorporating tandem repeats of this region, which resulted in an approximate twofold increase in expression relative to the native sodM promoter...
- Deletion analysis of the catalase-encoding gene (catB) promoter from Aspergillus oryzaeHiromoto Hisada
Research Institute, Gekkeikan Sake Co, Ltd, Kyoto, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:48-53. 2008..According to detailed promoter deletion analysis, a region from -1,000 to -975, which contains putative heat shock element (HSE) and the CCAAT-box, was involved in strong expression...
- Development of an automated SNP analysis method using a paramagnetic beads handling robotHiroko Hagiwara
Advanced Institute of Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 98:420-8. 2007....