Affiliation: National Institute of Neuroscience
- Addition of antipsychotics to medication regimens during schizophrenic inpatient careAsuka Koyama
National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 62:56-64. 2008..The objective of the present study was to identify schizophrenia inpatients who had their original regimen augmented with additional antipsychotics during acute inpatient care, and to clarify the factors associated with these additions...
- Lifetime prevalence, psychiatric comorbidity and demographic correlates of "hikikomori" in a community population in JapanAsuka Koyama
National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Japan
Psychiatry Res 176:69-74. 2010..While psychiatric disorders were often comorbid with "hikikomori", half of the cases seem to be "primary hikikomori" without a comorbid psychiatric disorder...
- Lay diagnoses and views on causes, coping strategies, and treatment for schizophreniaKanae Sawamura
Research Department, Institute for Health Economics and Policy, 1 5 11 Nishi Sinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Community Ment Health J 48:309-16. 2012..To enhance mental health literacy, it is important to help people distinguish a mental illness from mere stress. Lay diagnoses do not necessary have to be detailed, as long as people recognize a situation as an illness...
- Nurses' collaboration with physicians in managing medication improves patient outcome in acute psychiatric careMiharu Nakanishi
Department of Social Psychiatry, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 60:196-203. 2006..Nurses' collaboration with physicians in medication management improved patient outcome in acute psychiatric care...
- Mental health literacy of autism spectrum disorders in the Japanese general populationTomonori Koyama
Dept of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo, 187 8553, Japan
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:651-7. 2009..We aimed to clarify the public's mental health literacy of autism spectrum disorders (ASD)...
- The effect of an educational leaflet on depressive patients' attitudes toward treatmentKanae Sawamura
Institute for Health Economics and Policy, No 11 Toyo Kaiji Bldg, 1 5 11, Nishi sinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo, 105 0003, Japan
Psychiatry Res 177:184-7. 2010..Our results indicate that the educational leaflet is an effective tool for enhancement of face-to-face education by medical professionals. Trial registration UMIN000002981, www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm...
- Polypharmacy and excessive dosing: psychiatrists' perceptions of antipsychotic drug prescriptionHiroto Ito
National Institute of Mental Health, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Psychiatry 187:243-7. 2005..Despite extensive research and recommendations regarding the optimal prescription of antipsychotic drugs, polypharmacy and excessive dosing still prevail...
- Asian models of excellence in psychiatric care and rehabilitationTsuyoshi Akiyama
Department of Psychiatry, Kanto Medical Centre, Tokyo, Japan
Int Rev Psychiatry 20:445-51. 2008..We must disseminate information about models of excellence which provide great benefit to the people who suffer from psychiatric illness without high expenses...
- Family functioning perceived by patients and their family members in three Diagnostic and Statistical Manual-IV diagnostic groupsAsuka Koyama
Department of Mental Health, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 58:495-500. 2004..These results might reflect psychopathological characteristics of each disorder. When clinicians evaluate the family functioning of psychiatric patients, it is important to consider the diagnoses of patients as well as who assesses it...