Affiliation: National Institute of Radiological Sciences
- SPICE-NIRS microbeam: a focused vertical system for proton irradiation of a single cell for radiobiological researchTeruaki Konishi
Research Development and Support Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Inage ku, Chiba shi 263 8555, Japan
J Radiat Res 54:736-47. 2013..The SPICE performance modes described in this paper are in routine use. SPICE is a joint-use research facility of NIRS and its beam times are distributed for collaborative research. ..
- A new method for the simultaneous detection of mammalian cells and ion tracks on a surface of CR-39Teruaki Konishi
Department of Technical Support and Development, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Ingeku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
J Radiat Res 48:255-61. 2007..The positions of induced DNA double strand breaks were detected as gamma-H2AX fluorescent spots, which coincided with the positions of the etch pits in the cell relief image...
- Visualization of heavy ion tracks by labeling 3'-OH termini of induced DNA strand breaksTeruaki Konishi
Department of Technical Support and Development, Fundamental Technology Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences
J Radiat Res 52:433-40. 2011..These results demonstrate the induction of 3'-OH termini at sites of DNA strand breaks along Argon ion tracks...
- Number of Fe ion traversals through a cell nucleus for mammalian cell inactivation near the bragg peakTeruaki Konishi
Department of Life Science, Rikkyo University, Japan
J Radiat Res 46:415-24. 2005..We thus considered two possible explanations for ion traversals of more than one, necessary for cell inactivation...
- Radiation-induced long-lived extracellular radicals do not contribute to measurement of intracellular reactive oxygen species using the dichlorofluorescein methodKurt Hafer
Departments of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Radiat Res 169:469-73. 2008..are discussed in view of cellular dichlorofluorescin leakage and radiation chemistry. We conclude that the dichlorofluorescein method is effective for quantifying intracellular ROS induced by ionizing radiation...