Affiliation: National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences
- Komatsu S, Kobayashi Y, Nishizawa K, Nanjo Y, Furukawa K. Comparative proteomics analysis of differentially expressed proteins in soybean cell wall during flooding stress. Amino Acids. 2010;39:1435-49 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the roots and hypocotyls of soybean caused the suppression of lignification through decrease of these proteins by downregulation of reactive oxygen species and jasmonate biosynthesis under flooding stress. ..
- Yin X, Komatsu S. Comprehensive analysis of response and tolerant mechanisms in early-stage soybean at initial-flooding stress. J Proteomics. 2017;169:225-232 pubmed publisher....
- Yin X, Hiraga S, Hajika M, Nishimura M, Komatsu S. Transcriptomic analysis reveals the flooding tolerant mechanism in flooding tolerant line and abscisic acid treated soybean. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;93:479-496 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that cytochrome P450 77A1 is suppressed by uniconazole treatment and that this inhibition may enhance soybean tolerance to flooding stress. ..
- ..n/a. ..
- Yasmeen F, Raja N, Razzaq A, Komatsu S. Gel-free/label-free proteomic analysis of wheat shoot in stress tolerant varieties under iron nanoparticles exposure. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1864:1586-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Fe NPs improve the growth of wheat seedling, which might be associated with the increase of protein abundance in photosynthesis in salt tolerant variety. ..
- Hashiguchi A, Komatsu S. Posttranslational Modifications and Plant-Environment Interaction. Methods Enzymol. 2017;586:97-113 pubmed publisher..Integration of diverse signals on a protein via multiple PTMs is discussed as well, considering current situation where signal integration became an emerging area approached by systems biology into account. ..
- Banaei Asl F, Farajzadeh D, Bandehagh A, Komatsu S. Comprehensive proteomic analysis of canola leaf inoculated with a plant growth-promoting bacterium, Pseudomonas fluorescens, under salt stress. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1864:1222-1236 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the bacterial inoculation of canola increases salt tolerance by inducing an increase in the abundance of proteins related to glycolysis, tricarboxylic acid cycle, and amino acid metabolism. ..
- Mustafa G, Komatsu S. Toxicity of heavy metals and metal-containing nanoparticles on plants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1864:932-44 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Plant Proteomics--a bridge between fundamental processes and crop production, edited by Dr. Hans-Peter Mock. ..
- Hashiguchi A, Komatsu S. Impact of Post-Translational Modifications of Crop Proteins under Abiotic Stress. Proteomes. 2016;4: pubmed publisher..This review provides information on advances in PTM study in relation to plant adaptations to abiotic stresses, underlining the importance of PTM study to ensure adequate agricultural production in the future. ..
- Hashiguchi A, Hitachi K, Zhu W, Tian J, Tsuchida K, Komatsu S. Mung bean (Vigna radiata (L.)) coat extract modulates macrophage functions to enhance antigen presentation: A proteomic study. J Proteomics. 2017;161:26-37 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that the mung bean is involved in the regulation of antigen processing and presentation, and thus shifts immune response from acute febrile illness to specific/systemic and long-lasting immunity to protect the host. ..
- Wang X, Khodadadi E, Fakheri B, Komatsu S. Organ-specific proteomics of soybean seedlings under flooding and drought stresses. J Proteomics. 2017;162:62-72 pubmed publisher....
- Kamal A, Komatsu S. Proteins involved in biophoton emission and flooding-stress responses in soybean under light and dark conditions. Mol Biol Rep. 2016;43:73-89 pubmed publisher....
- Hossain Z, Komatsu S. Potentiality of Soybean Proteomics in Untying the Mechanism of Flood and Drought Stress Tolerance. Proteomes. 2014;2:107-127 pubmed publisher....
- Haque E, Abe F, Mori M, Nanjo Y, Komatsu S, Oyanagi A, et al. Quantitative Proteomics of the Root of Transgenic Wheat Expressing TaBWPR-1.2 Genes in Response to Waterlogging. Proteomes. 2014;2:485-500 pubmed publisher..2#2 is most probably involved in proteolysis, protein synthesis and alteration in the energy pathway in root tissues via the above proteins in order to gain metabolic adjustment to WL. ..
- Komatsu S, Ahsan N. Soybean proteomics and its application to functional analysis. J Proteomics. 2009;72:325-36 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the strengths and weaknesses of proteomics technologies in soybean biology and we examine the limitations of current techniques. ..
- Wang X, Komatsu S. Improvement of Soybean Products Through the Response Mechanism Analysis Using Proteomic Technique. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2017;82:117-148 pubmed publisher..The utilization of proteomics during soybean germination and development is summarized. In addition, the stress-responsive mechanisms explored using proteomic techniques are reviewed in soybean. ..
- Yasmeen F, Raja N, Mustafa G, Sakata K, Komatsu S. Quantitative proteomic analysis of post-flooding recovery in soybean root exposed to aluminum oxide nanoparticles. J Proteomics. 2016;143:136-150 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that S-adenosyl-l-methionine dependent methyltransferases and enolase are involved in response to flooding with Al2O3 NPs and might be helpful in recovery from flooding stress. ..
- Khan M, Komatsu S. Proteomic analysis of soybean root including hypocotyl during recovery from drought stress. J Proteomics. 2016;144:39-50 pubmed publisher..The study provides information about post-drought recovery mechanism in soybean. ..
- Mustafa G, Sakata K, Komatsu S. Proteomic analysis of soybean root exposed to varying sizes of silver nanoparticles under flooding stress. J Proteomics. 2016;148:113-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Ag NPs of 15nm improved the soybean growth under flooding stress by increasing the proteins related to amino acid synthesis and waxes formation. ..
- Wang X, Komatsu S. Plant subcellular proteomics: Application for exploring optimal cell function in soybean. J Proteomics. 2016;143:45-56 pubmed publisher..Subcellular proteomics contributes greatly to uncovering responses and interactions among subcellular compartments during development and under stressful environmental conditions in soybean. ..
- Komatsu S, Kuji R, Nanjo Y, Hiraga S, Furukawa K. Comprehensive analysis of endoplasmic reticulum-enriched fraction in root tips of soybean under flooding stress using proteomics techniques. J Proteomics. 2012;77:531-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that flooding mainly affects the function of protein synthesis and glycosylation in the ER in root tips of soybean...
- Komatsu S, Yamamoto A, Nakamura T, Nouri M, Nanjo Y, Nishizawa K, et al. Comprehensive analysis of mitochondria in roots and hypocotyls of soybean under flooding stress using proteomics and metabolomics techniques. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:3993-4004 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flooding directly impairs electron transport chains, although NADH production increases in the mitochondria through the tricarboxylic acid cycle. ..
- Komatsu S, Yamamoto R, Nanjo Y, Mikami Y, Yunokawa H, Sakata K. A comprehensive analysis of the soybean genes and proteins expressed under flooding stress using transcriptome and proteome techniques. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:4766-78 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the early response of soybean under flooding might be important stress adaptation to ensure survival against not only hypoxia but also the direct damage of cell by water. ..
- Komatsu S, Sugimoto T, Hoshino T, Nanjo Y, Furukawa K. Identification of flooding stress responsible cascades in root and hypocotyl of soybean using proteome analysis. Amino Acids. 2010;38:729-38 pubmed publisher..The expression of many proteins that changed due to flooding showed the same tendencies observed for nitrogen substitution; however, the expression of proteins classified into protein destination/storage did not. ..
- Yang B, Guan Q, Tian J, Komatsu S. Transcriptomic and proteomic analyses of leaves from Clematis terniflora DC. under high level of ultraviolet-B irradiation followed by dark treatment. J Proteomics. 2017;150:323-340 pubmed publisher..NADP-dependent malic enzyme and NADP-malate dehydrogenase were activated in tricarboxylic acid cycle, which suggests that tricarboxylic acid cycle might be enhanced in leaf of C. terniflora in response to HUV-B+D. ..
- Yasmeen F, Raja N, Razzaq A, Komatsu S. Proteomic and physiological analyses of wheat seeds exposed to copper and iron nanoparticles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1865:28-42 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cu NPs improved stress tolerance in wheat varieties by mediating the process of starch degradation, glycolysis, and tricarboxylic acid cycle through NPs uptake. ..
- Komatsu S, Deschamps T, Thibaut D, Hiraga S, Kato M, Chiba M, et al. Characterization of a novel flooding stress-responsive alcohol dehydrogenase expressed in soybean roots. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;77:309-22 pubmed publisher..Osmotic, cold, or drought stress did not induce expression of Adh2. These results indicate that Adh2 is a flooding-response specific soybean gene expressed in root tissue. ..
- Komatsu S, Wada T, Abaléa Y, Nouri M, Nanjo Y, Nakayama N, et al. Analysis of plasma membrane proteome in soybean and application to flooding stress response. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:4487-99 pubmed publisher....