Affiliation: National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences
- A deleted portion of one of the two xanthine dehydrogenase genes causes translucent larval skin in the oq mutant of the silkworm (Bombyx mori)Natuo Kômoto
Insect Genetics and Evolution Department, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Owashi 1 2, Tsukuba, 3058634, Ibaraki, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:591-7. 2002..These results showed that BmXDH1 deletion in the oq mutant is responsible for the absence of significant XDH activity, resulting in the translucent larval skin of the mutant phenotype...
- Mutations of the silkworm molybdenum cofactor sulfurase gene, og, cause translucent larval skinN Komoto
Insect Genetics and Evolution Department, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:417-27. 2003..It was observed that a miniature inverted-repeat transposable element (MITE), named Organdy, when inserted in an og(t) mutant allele exon, causes unstable splicing of a downstream intron leading to incomplete open reading frames...
- [Silkworm mutants whose deficiency of epidermal urate granules causes translucent larval skin phenotypes]Natuo Kômoto
Tanpakushitsu Kakusan Koso 49:2198-205. 2004
- A single-base deletion in an ABC transporter gene causes white eyes, white eggs, and translucent larval skin in the silkworm w-3(oe) mutantNatuo Kômoto
Division of Insect Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:152-6. 2009..These results show that w-3 is equivalent to Bmwh3 and is responsible for the transportation of ommochrome precursors and uric acid into pigment granules and urate granules, respectively...
- Novel gene rearrangements in the mitochondrial genome of a webspinner, Aposthonia japonica (Insecta: Embioptera)Natuo Kômoto
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Genome 55:222-33. 2012..Based on phylogenetic analyses using nucleotide sequences of all PCGs concatenated with two rRNA genes and the amino acid sequences of all PCGs, A. japonica is sister to Verophasmatodea, a suborder of typical stick and leaf insects...
- SID-1 protein of Caenorhabditis elegans mediates uptake of dsRNA into Bombyx cellsIsao Kobayashi
Transgenic Silkworm Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, 1 2 Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:148-54. 2012..We generated transgenic animals that express sid-1 but have not detected significant enhancements of in vivo phenotype in response to the injection of the dsRNA into hemocoel...