Affiliation: National Cardiovascular Center
- Kawada T, Turner M, Shimizu S, Fukumitsu M, Kamiya A, Sugimachi M. Aortic depressor nerve stimulation does not impede the dynamic characteristics of the carotid sinus baroreflex in normotensive or spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;312:R787-R796 pubmed publisher..542; and 17.37 Â± 1.01 vs. 17.47 Â± 1.64 dB/decade in SHR, P = 0.946). These results indicate that the tonic ADN stimulation does not significantly modify the dynamic characteristics of the carotid sinus baroreflex. ..
- Kawada T, Shimizu S, Yamamoto H, Miyamoto T, Kamiya A, Shishido T, et al. Effects of different input pressure waveforms on the carotid sinus baroreflex-mediated sympathetic arterial pressure response in rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2017;123:914-921 pubmed publisher..The finding could be applied to designing an artificial pulsatile pressure such as that generated by left ventricular assist devices. ..
- Kawada T, Shimizu S, Yamamoto H, Miyamoto T, Shishido T, Sugimachi M. Peripheral versus central effect of intravenous moxonidine on rat carotid sinus baroreflex-mediated sympathetic arterial pressure regulation. Life Sci. 2017;190:103-109 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to quantify a peripheral effect of moxonidine on carotid sinus baroreflex-mediated sympathetic arterial pressure (AP) regulation separately from its central effect...
- Kawada T, Turner M, Shimizu S, Kamiya A, Shishido T, Sugimachi M. Tonic aortic depressor nerve stimulation does not impede baroreflex dynamic characteristics concomitantly mediated by the stimulated nerve. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;:ajpregu.00328.2017 pubmed publisher..Short-term AP regulation by the arterial baroreflex may be preserved during the baroreflex activation therapy...
- Uemura K, Kawada T, Zheng C, Li M, Sugimachi M. Computer-controlled closed-loop drug infusion system for automated hemodynamic resuscitation in endotoxin-induced shock. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:145 pubmed publisher..Our system is potentially an attractive clinical tool for rescuing patients with septic shock. ..