Affiliation: National Institute of Neuroscience
- Medullary ischemia due to vertebral arteritis associated with Behçet syndrome: a case reportTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, National Center Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 30:239-42. 2012..We hypothesized that vertebral arteritis due to BS had caused hypoperfusion of the medullary perforators causing Wallenberg syndrome in our patient...
- Novel pathological abnormalities of deep brain structures including dysplastic neurons in anterior striatum associated with focal cortical dysplasia in epilepsyTakanobu Kaido
Departments of Neurosurgery, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Japan
J Neurosurg Pediatr 10:217-25. 2012..The authors recently described a case of frontal lobe epilepsy cured after the resection of periventricular white matter and striatum, in which dysplastic neurons were revealed. The authors attempted to confirm similar cases...
- Cluster analysis of mRNA expression levels identifies multiple sequential patterns following focal cerebral ischemiaTakanobu Kaido
Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute for Neurosurgical Pathophysiology, Mainz, Germany
Turk Neurosurg 22:441-7. 2012..The purpose of this study is to detect gene expression patterns following focal cerebral ischemia...
- Titanium alloys as fixation device material for cranioplasty and its safety in electroconvulsive therapyTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Japan
J ECT 27:e27-8. 2011..No adverse effects occurred. Devices must be investigated and chosen very carefully for permanent implantation, especially in patients during a course of ECT...
- Recurrent brain abscess induced by pulmonary arteriovenous fistulaTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, Oyodo Town General Hospital, Oyodo, Nara, Japan
J Infect Chemother 17:552-4. 2011..The left hemiparesis improved and the postoperative course was uneventful. Exhaustive study is absolutely necessary to detect the etiology of recurrent brain abscess and to achieve a cure...
- Anterior striatum with dysmorphic neurons associated with the epileptogenesis of focal cortical dysplasiaTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8551, Japan
Seizure 19:256-9. 2010..These findings suggest that microscopic dysplasia of basal ganglia can accompany certain cases of focal cortical malformations, and may play a critical role in the epileptogenesis through their interaction with cortical structures...
- Complex behavioral automatism arising from insular cortexTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Epilepsy Behav 8:315-9. 2006..Careful inspection of the insular cortex is necessary to diagnose this type of epileptic seizure...
- Deep brain stimulation for Tourette syndrome: a prospective pilot study in JapanTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, National Center Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Neuromodulation 14:123-8; discussion 129. 2011..Refractory Tourette syndrome (TS) disturbs the social life of patients. Deep brain stimulation (DBS) has recently been applied to relieve severe tics. We report a prospective open-labeled case series of DBS for TS as a pilot study...
- Surgical management of cortical dysplasia in infancy and early childhoodTaisuke Otsuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Epilepsy Center, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Dev 35:802-9. 2013..To describe operative procedures, seizure control and complications of surgery for cortical dysplasia (CD) causing intractable epilepsy in infancy and early childhood...
- Late-onset epilepsy in children with acute febrile encephalopathy with prolonged convulsions: A clinical and encephalographic studyTakashi Saito
Department of Child Neurology, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Dev 35:531-9. 2013..Thus, this study investigates the most severe subgroup of epilepsy following febrile acute encephalopathy and provides the basis for further exploration of the pathogenesis and treatment of characteristic seizures in this population...
- Delayed maturation and differentiation of neurons in focal cortical dysplasia with the transmantle sign: analysis of layer-specific marker expressionTakafumi Sakakibara
Epilepsy Center, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 71:741-9. 2012..By analyzing layer-specific marker expression patterns, we identified apparent neuronal maturation differences between FCD IIA and FCD IIB in cases of transmantle dysplasia...
- High gamma activity of 60-70 Hz in the area surrounding a cortical tuber in an infant with tuberous sclerosisKaori Irahara
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo, 187 8551, Japan
Ital J Pediatr 38:15. 2012..To detect the epileptogenic region causing epileptic spasms in an infant with tuberous sclerosis (TS)...
- Expression of astrocyte-related receptors in cortical dysplasia with intractable epilepsySayuri Sukigara
From the Epilepsy Center SS, TO, SH, RH, TS, EN, TK, NS, YK, AT, KS, YS, MS, YG, MI, Departments of Mental Retardation and Birth Defect Research SS, hd, sn, SH, YG, MI, Neurosurgery TO, TK, YK, AT, Child Neurology RH, TS, EN, KS, MS, Radiology NS, and Laboratory Medicine YS, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira, Tokyo and Department of Pharmacology, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, London
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 73:798-806. 2014....
- Effect of corpus callosotomy on attention deficit and behavioral problems in pediatric patients with intractable epilepsyTakahiro Yonekawa
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Epilepsy Behav 22:697-704. 2011..In addition to amelioration of target seizures, CC can improve attention impairments in association with improvement in the postoperative EEG...
- Long-term developmental outcome after early hemispherotomy for hemimegalencephaly in infants with epileptic encephalopathyRyoko Honda
Department of Child Neurology, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry NCNP, Tokyo, Japan
Epilepsy Behav 29:30-5. 2013..811, p=0.01). Our results showed that shorter seizure duration during early infancy could provide better postoperative DQ in infants with HME and epileptic encephalopathy...
- Hyperkinetic movement disorder in a child treated by globus pallidus stimulationKen Sato
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Dev 31:452-5. 2009..Pallidal deep-brain stimulation may be considered the therapy of choice for children with intractable hyperkinetic movement disorders...
- Abnormal maturation and differentiation of neocortical neurons in epileptogenic cortical malformation: unique distribution of layer-specific marker cells of focal cortical dysplasia and hemimegalencephalyAsako Arai
Epilepsy Center, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 1470:89-97. 2012..The expression pattern is different between FCD and HME...
- Persistent verbal and behavioral deficits after resection of the left supplementary motor area in epilepsy surgeryYukari Endo
Department of Child Neurology, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawahigachi cho, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8551, Japan
Brain Dev 36:74-9. 2014..These complications should be recognized for the prediction and assessment of deficits in children after surgical intervention involving this region. ..
- Repeat magnetoencephalography and surgeries to eliminate atonic seizures of non-lesional frontal lobe epilepsyTojo Nakayama
Department of Child Neurology, National Center Hospital of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa higashi machi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8553, Japan
Epilepsy Res 84:263-7. 2009..Repeat MEGs consistently localized the epileptogenic zone in a patient with intractable residual non-lesional left frontal lobe epilepsy...
- Retinotopy with coordinates of lateral occipital cortex in humansTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
J Neurosurg 101:114-8. 2004..This study was designed to investigate whether the lateral occipital cortex in humans has retinotopic representation...
- Protective effect of C1 esterase inhibitor on reperfusion injury in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion modelNobuhisa Akita
Department of Neurosurgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Neurosurgery 52:395-400; discussion 400-1. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of C1 esterase inhibitor (C1-INH) on ischemic injury in the rat model of middle cerebral artery suture occlusion and reperfusion...